Audit Manager, Technology & Security
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 14 Nov 18
See job description for details
Join us in London as an Audit Manager in Technology & Security
- This is an excellent opportunity to join our Internal Audit function within our Technology, Security and Resilience team
- You'll gain exposure to senior business and internal audit stakeholders in this high impact role
What you'll do
This important role will place you at the heart of the bank's third line of defence, providing independent, objective testing and assurance on technology and security initiatives across the bank. You'll work with the Senior Audit Manager and business stakeholders to scope out audits, developing your understanding of technology and security 'run-the-bank' processes, risks and key controls and formulating an appropriate and robust testing plan, before leading your engagement team in its execution.
You'll succeed in this role by:
- Actively engaging with stakeholders within the business to understand the risk landscape as it relates to technology and security
- Leading your team through the audit engagement, planning and scoping, effectively managing work and resources, and setting standards of excellence
- Delivering sometimes complex audits on time and to budget, and to an excellent standard
- Leading the production of high quality written reports which detail any issues identified
- Contributing to managing the discussion with key business stakeholders, leading to final issue acceptance and remediation
The skills you'll need
We're looking for an experienced internal auditor with a strong background in risk management and a comprehensive understanding of technology and security risks and controls. You'll need to be able to demonstrate how you've successfully led a team in delivering complex projects - audit or otherwise - while keeping a firm hand on budget, schedule and quality.
You'll also need to be CISA or CISSP qualified.
We'll also be looking for you to demonstrate:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to support and supervise your team through coaching, feedback and development, taking a proactive approach towards identifying and promoting talent
- Strong stakeholder management skills, and to be confident and clear when you need to challenge or influence
- A delivery focus, and the ability to work effectively at pace
- Proven competence to deliver projects on time and to budget
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.