Back End Developer
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 21 May 19
Back End Developer
We're hiring an experienced Back End Developer to join our digital banking start up in Mayfair
- This is a chance to take a key role in Bó, a truly innovative, customer-centric digital bank with a start-up culture
- You'll be at the forefront of iterative and incremental software deployment to a cloud based production environment
- It's an opportunity to bring the full weight of your technical and non-technical expertise to a fast paced, collaborative environment
- We offer challenge, support, a flat structure, and the chance to be part of delivering something really special
- Contract, fixed term and permanent roles are available
What you'll do
You'll help us deliver customer focussed propositions, and experiment with new ways of working. You'll apply leading-edge technologies and customer-centric designs to deliver an exciting and innovative proposition.
- Shape and implement strategic products, and ensure that our proposition stays on the leading edge of technology
- Demonstrate a real passion for development and an appetite for continual learning
- Handle complex dynamics and exercise judgement in the development and implementation of strategic plans
The skills you'll need
You'll be comfortable with ambiguity and be prepared to dive in to solve technical, process and design problems. Along with the ability and desire to work collaboratively and build strong working relationships across all levels and functions, you'll have a strong delivery focus, and experience of Agile delivery.
You'll also demonstrate:
- An analytical approach
- A strong personal drive and the ability to reshape, reconfigure and realign solution and deliver approaches as needed
- Knowledge and experience of data architecture and design
- The positivity, creativity and the desire to continue learning
You'll also have an awareness and experience of Java, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, gRPC, Kafka, and SQL/Aurora. Knowledge of Kotlin would also be great but is not essential as you'll have the opportunity to learn.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .