Business Analyst - Technology & Operations
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
The purpose of the role is to provide Business Analysis to the Financial Markets Technology group, looking after the end-to-end trade life cycle for FM. The initial assignment will consist in contributing to the build of the strategic Booking and Life-cycling solution for Financial Markets.
SABRE is the sole FM cross asset risk management platform (Standard Chartered Analytics Booking and Risk Engine) and delivers consolidated risks primarily to Structured and Derivatives traders within the Front Office.
The current investments into the platform sponsor the following objectives:
- Complete the FM trade consolidation, we have 98% of Financial Market trades as it stands.
- Extend the Control Framework around trades and market data to support official use of the risk numbers generated by the platform for all consumers and substitute to all other FM systems.
- Expand the use of the platform to Market Risk, Finance and Operations usage and meet regulatory objectives such as the Fundamental Review of the Trading Book (FRTB).
- Develop the platform into the primary trade booking and life-cycling system for FM, removing the dependency on current legacy Transaction Processing systems.
This role consists in on-boarding a SABRE project team responsible for building up the new Trade Booking and Life-cycling solution which will eventually be extended to all Financial Markets products. The project aims at delivering a solution based on FpML as the standard trade event data model, with a queriable event log persisted in our FM Trade Data Lake to support trade data analytics, a generic configurable trade workflow engine to support FO to BO operations, and real-time updates to risk positions.
Joining as a Business Analyst on this initiative, the objective in 2019 will be to build the core platform functionality on a limited set of initial products (FX cash/options). The initiative will then be expanded to cover the full scope of products in following years. The project will affect all functions FM Front Office, Middle Office, Market Risk, Valuation Control, Product Control, Technology and Operations.
The job purpose consist in:
- Translating and documenting business requirements
- Working across asset classes FX, Rates, Credit and Commodities (both structured and flow)
- Building strong, effective relationships with both the business and technology teams, across global offices
- Collaborating with all FO and control functions to gather requirements, solve business problems by proposing relevant, innovative solutions in consultation with the technology teams
- Working as part of an agile team including Business Analysts, Developers and Testers
- Being a creative source of proposals and channeling user aspiration towards sustainable and future proof solutions
- Understand the users requirements and translate into competent future state models, questioning and challenging assumptions and status quo
- Translate solutions into detailed, unambiguous, business and functional requirements
- Propose relevant solutions and alternatives to meet business needs
- Pro-actively engage, manage and build strong relationships with both business and technology stakeholders
- Ensure the overall quality of business requirements, functional specifications and other supporting documents meet the bank's standards
- Work proactively with fellow BAs and other team members, ensuring work is proportionally distributed and targets are met
- Ensure documents such as functional specs support the development of practical technology solutions and suitable test cases
- Work as part of a combined cross-functional agile team and support the on-going build as required e.g. drafting/reviewing of test cases, closing out developers open issues/questions, contributing to solution design etc.
- Assist the business with UAT, including communication, planning, preparation and test case preparation
- Delivery focused, committing to specific tasks and ensuring these and the overall projects deadlines are met
Our Ideal Candidate
- Stakeholder feedback (Business and IT)
- Delivery of individual tasks and overall projects on time and of a high quality
- Quality of documentation
- Ensuring projects pass internal audits and reviews
- Post project implementation reviews and alignment of project deliverable to measurable exit criteria
- Ability to accurately translate and document business needs into functional requirements and produce quality documentation
- Strong communication and presentation skills with an excellent standard of English (written and spoken)
- Familiarity with the FO to BO trade flow of Financial products, including Middle Office, Operations and Finance activities
- Product knowledge on some FM asset classes encompassing product, pricing, risk or trade life cycle is a plus
- Good understanding of key technology concepts, basics in SQL, noSQL, programming and architecture. Strong technical acumen is a plus
- Ability to work proactively, independently and displays strong initiative
- Pragmatic team player with an attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving and analytical skills
- Multicultural awareness.
- Displays personal authority, integrity and ethics
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.