The Business Analyst is responsible of the management and delivery of projects and solutions for his business perimeter. He is the main contact point for the business team for which he is managing projects
• Responsible of the management and delivery of the projects defined with the sponsors in the annual projects plan. All in line with prioritization and design of the future « Operating Model »
• Responsibility and accountability of the project(s) budget, planning and deliveries as defined in the initial project documentation
• Organization and lead of the steering committee in addition to the team meeting linked to the project(s)
• Business requirements capture, analysis, challenge and formalizing in terms of client processes and data availability with or without business analyst(s)
• Documentation of possible solutions/options, including linked costs, delivery dates and main milestones
• Functional specification writing (in relation to the project) and formal validation by the business
• Communication with the developers and monitoring/coordination of the functional tests, the applications/system setup and its production delivery with or without business analyst(s)
• Monthly reporting on the budget consumption (actuals) and the budget forecasts via internal governance meetings
• Ownership of the change management and the relationship with the final users (through trainings and workshop notably)
• Knowlegde transfer to the support teams regarding the new features or applications delivered in the context of project(s)
• Respect of the AXA-IM project(s) methodologies and governance principles
• Engineer or equivalent degree in IT
Experience and Skills
• The ideal candidate should have prior experience in working for asset management, investment management or a trading house where they have gained knowledge across all asset classes, especially in bonds, equities, loans and OTC Derivatives.
• Any prior experience in trading activities in repos and stock lending will be a huge advantage.
• The candidate should also possess extensive technical skills expected at this level covering Front Office fund management systems (SimCorp Dimension will be particularly attractive), as well as trading tools (Global One, Trade Web and Equilibrium would also give the candidate a distinct advantage).
• Any experience in dealing with software vendors and external service providers will be an advantage.
• The candidate should be experienced in dealing with technology teams across varying levels of seniority, and well versed in communicating directly with front office teams, especially with traders, fund managers and operational teams that support front office activities.
• The candidate must possess exceptional listening skills in understanding business requirements, and transforming them into technical requirements documents
• The candidate shall have excellent writing and communication skills.
• He / she shall be proactive, self-directed and take initiatives
• He / she shall have excellent team-working skills
• Autonomy, dynamism, reactivity, pragmatism, rigor and method, client service, positive attitude
• Client oriented
System and tools
• SQL Server, Oracle, Business Objects, MS Visio, SharePoint, JIRA, XML/FIXML, MS Excel, SQL, VBA