See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management, and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence, and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture. Department Profile
The Financial Control Group (FCG) is responsible for overseeing the accounting and financial and regulatory reporting for the Firm. FCG prepares external financial reports for public filings and regulators. For internal reporting FCG, along with Financial Planning and Analysis (FPA), summarizes, plans, and forecasts the organization's financial position, including income statements, balance sheets, and analyses of future revenues, expenses and earnings. FCG is comprised of Business Unit Controllers, Infrastructure Controllers, Accounting, Regulatory and Reporting groups, and Valuation Review.
We are looking to recruit a Business Analyst that will work as part of the Global Corporate Controllers Projects (GCC) team with a focus on Regulatory Capital reporting and solutions.
The GCC project team is responsible for managing a considerable percentage of Finance's technology spend, helping to deliver across a portfolio of projects including, Regulatory Capital, Leverage and Reporting, Financial Accounting and General Ledger renovation. The team is also front and centre of the Finance target process model and technology architecture discussions.
The European team support the controller functions navigating an ever changing environment focusing primarily on Regulatory, Financial and Capital reporting. Within this, we manage changes to calculations and our external reporting to regulators including: the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) for the UK, the European Banking Authority (EBA) and ECB in Europe and the Federal Reserve in the US.
The BA will act as a point person between Finance and Technology teams during all phases of the program management life cycle including Initiation, Requirements & analysis, Design and build, Testing and Implementation.
The BA would be responsible for the successful completion of the following tasks:
- Management of regular system releases, including prioritization and tracking of deliverables through each phase whilst working in an Agile environment
- Ensuring requirements for new reporting requests and associated data sourcing are complete and signed off in a timely manner
- Facilitating the transition to Business As Usual (BAU) processes to GCC production teams
- Communicating with Stakeholders through regular meetings to discuss the status of project milestones, risks, and issues as well as potential solutions.
- Working on additional change the bank projects such as Brexit and Pillar 3 reporting as required. Qualifications: Required Skills:
- Relevant experiences as Business Analyst working on projects for the Finance department of an investment bank / financial services company.
- Strong data analysis and problem solving skills are required to perform data quality gap analysis, root cause issue analysis, and data reconciliations.
- Excellent organisational skills with an ability to manage to tight deadlines whilst balancing multiple priorities.
- Experience of investigating, summarising and presenting results in a meaningful format to clients and Senior Management.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work consistently and efficiently to achieve goals either as an individual or as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent soft skills with experience working across groups
- MS Office skills Desired Skills
- Experience using Axiom SL
- Experiences across a range of financial products (Fixed Income, Equity, Derivatives, Loans)
- Knowledge of Business Process Mapping tools like Visio
- Experience with Testing & Quality Management systems
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong dedication to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.