Buy-Side Sales Director
What's in it for you:
Ipreo's Global Buyside Markets Sales team is seeking a credible and dynamic individual who will thrive on working with accounts where decision makers are business heads in sales trading & research, technology and banking to drive sales of Ipreo products and services in the European Financial Markets.
As Sales Manager you will be responsible for developing and managing accounts and opportunities for Ipreo's Capital Markets products in the European market . What you'll work on:
What we look for:
- To drive sales of Ipreo's Sales & Trading and Capital Markets products and services in the financial markets.
- Manage the sales process and pipeline by managing the sales process from lead generation to close
- Manage and develop a current book of business and develop new business within EMEA territory via networking and cold calling
- Forecast sales activity and revenue achievement and work to activity KPIs
- Demonstrate Ipreo product offering and its value proposition in the market.
- Build relationships with decision makers in the financial markets
- Work in collaboration with Account Management and Product Marketing
- Reporting into MD of GMG Sales and Account Management EMEA; based in London
- 5+ years selling data and/or software to the following business areas Equity Research Sales and Trading, Fixed Income Sales and Trading or Corporate Access and Syndicate
- Credible and dynamic individual who will thrive on working with accounts where decision makers are business heads in sales trading & research, technology and banking
- Drive, determination to prospect for new accounts, not solely managing existing
- Ability to demonstrate strong relationships with key business leaders in the above mentioned business areas, not just with procurement or market data professionals
- Experienced working for a US-based organization advantageous but not essential
- Verifiable history of consistently exceeding quota
- Fluent in a European Language advantageous
- Strong understanding of the sales process and how to manage and report on opportunities from lead to close
- A burning desire to prospect via networking and cold calling
- Must prefer a producer role, not management
- Superior negotiating skills. Formal negotiating training a plus
- Experienced selling multiple product solutions
- Experience with selling desk top solutions or data sales to the sell-side
- Ability to work independently, but within a team concept
- Strong CRM skills - preferably SalesForce
- Ability to work to activity KPI's
- Willing to travel to multiple European Territories
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace. In addition, in the United States, we perform pre-employment drug testing and are required as a federal contractor to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.