CIB – Global Trade Loan Product - Product Manager – VP (London)
Traditional Trade Finance Product Manager - Associate or VP Key Objective:
An acknowledged product specialist within the Trade group who can develop and implement product and product business plans in conjunction with Sales functions and provide technical expertise on trade products both internally and externally with Africa trade expertise. To be based in London or Sub Sahara Africa (potentially Lagos or Johannesburg).. Job Responsibilities:
Qualifications / Experience
- Leadership skills: able to manage different stakeholders through the New Business Initiatives Approvals process.
- Specifically manage the Trade product functions both from a Sub Saharan and N African perspective
- Develop Product Strategy (including Market and Competitor Analysis) for Africa in line with the overall EMEA and global Trade Finance strategy
- Conduct new product development including implementing product extensions for current product offerings in light of evolving market trends, client requirements, geographic expansion and regulatory changes, for both the FI and Corporate segments
- Analyze market segmentation for sales process and client coverage
- Interface with Sales to provide technical product sales support of the Trade Sales Professionals and other related sales functions
- Conduct routine evaluations of alternative service providers (e.g. vendors, core technology platforms)
- Be able to review marketing materials, sales presentations, and product slip sheets against the bank's policies and market intelligence. Requirements definition and specifications including conceptual and detail design in partnership with IT and Operations
- Provide internal and external product advocacy through active participation at industry forums, conferences, working groups and media communications
- Conduct internal training sessions for multiple disciplines
- Manage regular Product Management functions including product profitability, competitor analysis etc., keeping abreast of Industry changes and enhancements.
- Development, analysis and support of trade MIS functions for EMEA region focusing particularly on volume, revenue and rebates on particular product segments, originated in the region but delivered globally whilst understanding the drivers
- Preparing product development updates for internal/external client consumption
- Work as part of a small team with minimal day to day supervision
- Be responsible for product pricing strategies
- Lead and support RFP and RFI proposals
AboutJ.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Direct experience, minimum five years of Trade Finance and its products gained in a Product Management, Operations, Sales or other similar role within the financial services industry with the ability to develop and define new product offerings together with a detailed understanding of the technical background of such Trade offerings
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Project management and strategic planning skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain close working relationships with Sales, Customer service and Product delivery managers to ensure customer satisfaction and product profitability .
J.P. Morgan'sCorporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets andinvestor services. The world's most important corporations, governments andinstitutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With$18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, theCorporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital,manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Furtherinformation about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com .
JPMorganChase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitivecompensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employerand a member of the UK Government's Disability Confident Scheme.