CIB - Asset Management Platform - Quant Developer - ED
About J.P. Morgan
JPMorgan Chase & Co
. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com . Who we are
The Asset Manager Platform organization within the Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB)'s Securities Services group is a newly formed business responsible for generating revenue for the firm by building and commercializing best-in-class digital solutions for our institutional client base across trade and investment lifecycles. Our mission is to establish top-tier client services and enable our clients to achieve their business goals by extending J.P. Morgan's reputation as market leader in financial products into the digital space. The Opportunity
As a quant developer in the Risk as a Service team the successful applicant will join a leading, entrepreneurial and collegial team within the Asset Manager Platform business that is responsible for the development of innovative pricing, risk and trade management tools across all asset classes and financial instruments.
This is an exciting position for a talented and energetic developer who thrives on new challenges, possesses true entrepreneurial spirit and enjoys working in a fast-paced, client-facing environment.
- Work on some of the most complex problems imaginable at the intersection of two dynamic industries: finance and technology
- Be part of a new business initiative within JPM that will create a significant revenue stream for the firm and influence the commercialization and go-to-market strategy of the service
- Partner closely with our clients (hedge funds, private banks, investment banks) to understand their needs in order to shape the product roadmap
- Interact with other high-performing teams within JPM to inspire innovation and champion change throughout the bank
- Work closely with our UX and product partners to deliver high quality software and amazing user experiences
The candidate will partner with our Product Managers, UX, Sales, Trading, Quantitative Research, Strategy and Clients in delivering the Product. Responsibilities include the following:
- Adopt, improve, extend, debug, document and support valuation and risk models used by different internal lines of business to be suitable for consumption by external customers
- Implement and support external control frameworks around valuation and risk
- Support customers by helping them to figure out how to achieve their desired outcomes using the tools provided as well as explaining valuation and risk behaviour .
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Degree in Engineering or Mathematics or equivalent experience
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Strong collaborative team player with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Dedication to team effort - "whatever it takes" multi-tasking and perseverance with cross-functional partners
- Passion for user-centric design and creating amazing user experiences
- Quick learner with strong attention to detail
- Experience with modern software engineering practices: code review, test-driven development, continuous integration, agile methodologies
- Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
- Proficiency in Python or another object oriented programming language with track record of delivering production quality systems
- Prior experience in standard risk and valuation models (either front office or model validation) for at least one of the following asset classes :
To be considered for this role, you may be required to complete the video interview powered By HireVue. About J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank:
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com .
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government's Disability Confident Scheme.