CIB - EU Regulatory Capital Reporting (Market Risk) - Associate
The position is within the Capital Reporting Regulatory department of Finance. The group is a service-orientated business comprised of specialised individuals with knowledge and expertise in understanding, managing and delivering financial information to our regulators. The group is also dedicated to adding value and improving efficiency, quality and controls.
The regulatory finance department is a high profile function, providing financial information to the Prudential Regulation Authority ("PRA"), Financial Conduct Authority ("FCA") and the Bank of England, as well as producing financial information for submission to the German regulator. Capital Reporting Group
The core responsibilities of the Capital Reporting Group are:
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and biannual returns for the following solo regulated entities and their associated UK consolidation groups: JPMorgan Securities Plc, JP Morgan Europe Limited, JPMorgan Markets Limited, JPMorgan AG
- Daily monitoring and preparation of capital adequacy and large exposures reports for the above entities
- Interpretation of the Regulatory rules which forms the basis of PRA reporting and providing regulatory guidance to the business
- Partnership and supporting other Finance areas with their reporting requirements (e.g. recovery and resolution, ICAAP)
The Regulatory function within the UK EMEA space is changing rapidly to accommodate both internal and external drivers of change: for example through greater business engagement, legal entity strategy and implementation of regulatory/methodology change. Job Title - Regulatory Capital Associate
We are looking for a candidate for a role within the Market Risk team within the Capital Reporting Group
. A successful candidate will have the following responsibilities: Key Responsibilities
About J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank:
- Preparation of COREP Market risk related returns for the following solo regulated entities and their associated UK consolidation groups: JPMorgan Securities Plc, JP Morgan Europe Limited, JPMorgan Markets Limited, JPMorgan AG
- SME on regulatory capital calculations of market risk.
- Analysis and challenge on regulatory capital drivers and key variances.
- Maintain the control standards adhering to firm wide and local controls around User Tools, adjustments and tracking of data/architecture issues
- Understand the reporting model infrastructure and implement streamlined process solutions towards a more efficient reporting model
- Involvement in other non-BAU tasks, such as projects and policy matters that impact the capital requirement
- Provide ad hoc MIS reporting and analytics when required by management.
- Partnering with project team in implementation of any system related changes.
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills
- Self motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Flexibility to work under pressure to meet changing work requirements and strict deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Strong attention to detail
- Familiarity with current regulatory rules (CRD4) and reporting requirements (COREP)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office - Excel, Access, Outlook, Word and Powerpoint
- Degree qualification or qualification by experience within Financial Services industry
- Experience of Axiom at a user level although this is not essential
- Good understanding of investment banking products.
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com .
"JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government's Disability Confident Scheme."
To be considered for this role, you may be required to complete the video interview powered By HireVue.