CIB - F&BM - Credit Product Controller - External Reporting - Associate
About J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 50 countries. The Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com . Business Background
The European Credit Markets Product Control team provides support for the European Credit Markets business. The business is a pre-eminent player in making markets for a spectrum of credit products across the EMEA region, primarily CDS, bonds, loans and indices as well as support for the credit correlation business.
The Product Control team undertakes P&L and Risk validation, reporting, balance sheet and capital management whilst also ensuring accuracy and integrity of the financial statements. Roles & Responsibilities
The candidate would have strong analytical skills and attention to details. Past experience through either employment or education in financial markets, sciences or other numerical disciplines are preferable.
The role is within the EMEA Credit Markets space; responsibilities of which would include: -
- Product controllers are responsible for the accuracy and integrity of Line of Business books and records. This responsibility encompasses:
- Trader Profit &Loss/Risk reporting and control
- Daily revenue reporting of estimate and actual P&L
- Month-end close process, working in partnership with Financial Control, Valuation Control and Legal Entity Controllers
- Ensuring correct risk sensitivity is sent to Value at Risk (VaR) and providing commentary on ensuing back testing results
- Preparation of commentary for trading results, linking trading revenues to desk strategies and changes in market conditions.
- Ascertain a thorough understanding of the end-to-end technology platform and associated feeds/downstream systems.
- Ensuring adherence to internal and external regulation including Antitrust compliance.
- Responsible for daily production of risk and P&L sign off stats.
- Responsible for summary of P&L explain MIS to management.
- Minimum 2:1 BSc degree
- Experience in the financial services industry
- Accounting qualification preferred
- The candidate should be a driven, self-motivator
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills
- Professional attitude, team player with an approachable manner
- Attention to detail and ability to work effectively to tight deadlines
- Ability to challenge efficiency and drive forward on change and innovation of processes
- Excellent Excel knowledge
The salary offered will be competitive with the market rate.
Closing date: 20th February 2018