CIB - Global Credit Trading - Algorithmic Trading Strategist - Associate/Vice President
CIB -Global Credit Trading - Algorithmic Trading Strategist - Associate or VicePresident OurBusiness
The EMEACredit Markets franchise is a leading market maker in European creditderivatives and corporate bonds. J.P. Morgan provides financial assets andliquidity for banks, insurance companies, finance companies, mutual funds andhedge funds. Traders, salespeople and research analysts work collectively togenerate ideas and make secondary markets in high grade/high yield bonds/CDS,distressed bonds, trade claims, indices, exotics, and illiquid credits Opportunity
We arelooking for a strong and experienced quantitative individual with extensiveexperience working on a trading desk. Ideally, the right candidate wouldhave extensive experience in Fixed Income and Equities systematicmarket-making, algo trading systems, execution and hedging strategies, flowinternalization microstructure research, short term price/volume predictionmodels, client flow analysis Key Responsibilities
The trading strategist will work as part of thetrading team on the credit floor in London with a focus on credit markets,primarily corporates bonds and any related instruments. The environmentis fast-paced and challenging. The individual must be responsible, independentand able to work in smooth coordination with the larger team to drive thedesk's revenue.
The individual will cover a wide range ofresponsibilities and work closely with the trading desk to drive revenue andexpand the business. These include designing trading and executionstrategies; researching micro-patterns and trends; building, maintaining andupgrading applications & tools; supporting day-to-day operation. Some oncall time will be expected.
- Work with trading professionals in various countries to help tailor efficient pricing strategies for the corporate bond universe
- Help derive semi-manual/automatic hedging solutions for risk management to help extract the best values out of our flows
- Perform statistical analysis of algorithmic orders (RFQ) to evaluate execution, understand price and market impact and to drive iterative improvements in our workflow and strategies.
- Help develop limit-order-book-like models specifically for the credit markets
- Work in close collaboration with sales to explore ways to expand our e-commerce footprint in the region
- Look for unique automated trading opportunities in EMEA to drive our trading revenue.
- Understand the firm's approach and policies for managing risks in relevant business and applicable legal and regulatory rules, and follows policies.
- Balance potentially competing needs across clients, internal partners and the firm.
- Understand the cross-asset element of credit and developing models that incorporate all the elements that drive the pricing of the credit market.
- Help develop the appropriate back-testing and simulation framework for optimising the appropriate workflow.
- Interest in market microstructures and quantitative trading in global markets
- Demonstrable proficiency in code design and programming skills, with primary focus on Python and Java.
- Must: Demonstrable proficiency in Tensorflow and C++ and proficiency in Deep Learning
- Interest in applying agile development practices in a front-office trading environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as this position involve frequent interaction with different teams in the firm.
- Demonstrable proficiency with market and product terminology.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively when faced with problems and opportunities. Always looking for new ways of doing things and understanding the benefits of leveraging the firms scale.
- Understands the different types of risk
- Ability to communicate concepts and ideas, both verbally and via documentation, and be able to defend their validity and target messages to different audiences.
- Advanced degree (Ph.D or Masters or equivalent) in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science. Relevant academic research publications would be desirable
- Experience with data schemas and data structures useful
- Markets experience and general trading concepts and terminology is useful.
- Demonstrable programming background
- Understanding of the electronic marketplace landscape, in particular Bloomberg, Tradeweb, or similar ECN's in other Fixed Income asset classes
- Direct experience of agile software methodologies
- Robust testing and verification practices
- Attention to detail is essential
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government's Disability Confident Scheme.
Closing Date: October 21, 2019