- GBP120000 - GBP150000 per annum
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Selby Jennings UK
C++ Low Latency Software Developer
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: GBP120000 - GBP150000 per annum
- Job Type: Full time
A global leading Investment Bank is looking to improve their Commodities Electronic Market Making business with an experienced C++ Software Developer who has a gift for low latency technology. The current team of 12 or so developers comes from a range of technology backgrounds but all share a common interest for cutting-edge technology that outshines their nearest competitors within the market making industry.
Join the Team!
Given the teams relentless commitment to innovation they are now looking to add another developer who can help enhance current trading engine infrastructure and quantitative strategy development.
An ideal candidate will have had some experience in a similar trading environment but this is not a pre-requisite as the current team of scientists, staff engineers and trading systems experts typically look at technical talent first and business knowledge second. From a business perspective you will have a lot of exposure to strategy and will also be mandated with improving strategy monitoring and reporting tools as well as compliance and risk verification logic.
- 5+ years C/C++ programming experience
- 5+ years working in a Linux environment
- Knowledge of STL/Boost a plus
- Experience with low latency, multithreaded systems desirable
- Experience with scripting tools such as Python, Bash, Shell scripts
- Systems design experience
- Object-oriented design skills. Architect experience a plus
- Ability to code in R, SAS and/or kdb beneficial
- Written & verbal communication
- Minimum of Bachelors in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar discipline
- Improve low latency trading engine infrastructure
- Work collaboratively to improve quantitative strategy development
- Better strategy monitoring & reporting tools
- Cover market data feed decoding
- Backtesting and strategy evaluation infrastructure
- Compliance & risk verification logic
This team in particular has been one of the best performing teams for the bank globally over the past few years so now is a great time to be exploring opportunities with them.