Chief Administrative Officer - Wells Fargo Securities Equities and Spread EMEA
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website .
Market Job Description About the Role
The individual will be the person supporting the operating activities of Wells Fargo Securities' (WFS) Markets within the EMEA region, specifically the Equities and Spread lines of business.
A critical function of this position is ensuring coordination with US based business managers and various business managers housed within International Wholesale Markets lines of business; leading the WFS Equities/Spread COO team in support of the WFS EMEA platform; overseeing the efficient functioning of the WFS EMEA Markets platform. Responsibilities:
- Act as trusted advisor to senior management for the WFS EMEA Equities/Spread COO Team
- Manage administrative functions on behalf of business units
- Find efficiencies in the business by understanding cross business needs and creating more strategic solutions
- Plan for and evaluate impact to the Equities/Spread businesses of industry mandates, then design and implement solutions to meet industry requirements;
- Serve as the primary liaison between the Equities/Spread business units and the various support partners; driving accountability across all internal functions supporting the business;
- Drive infrastructure strategy on behalf of the business;
- Partner with Operations, Technology, Compliance, Risk, etc. to ensure the business needs of the group are being met, in coordination with the larger Sales & Trading division
- Deliver the business vision and objectives to the various support groups and provide direction and leadership as needed
- Work with Technology and Operations leaders to develop and deliver on a short and long term technology and operations strategy for the Equities/Spread businesses.
- Work with Compliance and Legal to ensure the businesses remain compliant with regulatory standards of conduct
- Work with Finance to track and regularly report on financial performance. Coordinate with WFS COO structure in the on-going development and maintenance of International financials (revenue and expenses)
- Handling business changes introduced by new regulations related to WFS business, including EMIR, MiFID, BASEL and others
- Analyse the ongoing business impact of new regulations; incorporating the advice of others, including risk partners and legal counsel
- Engage other affected lines of business, developing a line of business point of view. Assist business units in following existing expense policies and create processes to drive expense efficiencies
Research related responsibilities:
- Process research access requests from start to finish across Bloomberg, Factset, CapIQ, and the Wells Fargo Research website.
- Develop a high level of familiarity with Wells Fargo's organizational structure, client base, and sales/research coverage.
- Track progress of outstanding entitlement requests
- Research and troubleshoot client and access issues
In addition, responsibilities with the management and implementation of strategic business initiatives in the EMEA region.
Market Skills and Certifications Requirements
- Ability to assess issues and manage towards resolution.
- Partner with team to identify department needs and issues that can be owned and managed by this role to create efficiency for the overall group. A high level of tact, integrity, confidentiality, assertiveness and flexibility are required skills in addition to professionalism, enthusiasm, and resourcefulness. Candidate must have the ability to meet strict deadlines while working on day to day duties.
- A demonstrated ability to work well without direct supervision in a fast-paced environment is critical to the role. Candidate must possess strong judgment skills to make independent decisions and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Detail-oriented, highly motivated and proactive. Executive level written and oral communication skills as well as strong organizational skills are necessary to be successful in this role.
- Team player fostering trust and building strong relationships and have the ability to become a strong business partner, suggest new processes and procedures to contribute to the success of the group.
- Proven track record of problem solving, decision making and analytical skills.
- Has managed highly complex initiatives
- Industry experience especially in businesses that are being affected by a regulator y change environment.
- Capital markets experience, including foreign exchange and/or derivative products
- Proficient in Microsoft office products, especially Excel
- Strong multitasking ability
- Working knowledge or willingness to learn Python
- BS/BA degree.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Leadership Expectations at Wells Fargo
As a Team Member manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.