Cloud Engineer, Associate
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is comprised of: Fitch Ratings, a global leader in credit ratings and research; Fitch Solutions, an industry-leading provider of credit risk products and services; and Fitch Learning, a preeminent training and professional development firm. With dual headquarters in London and New York, Fitch Group is owned by Hearst.
Fitch complies with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which it operates, and provides equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All applications will be considered without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, and other status protected by applicable laws. Department overview:
Fitch Group is seeking an Associate Cloud Engineer to join the Cloud Engineering (CE) team within Fitch's IT Infrastructure Group. Cloud Engineering partners in the design, deployment, and automation of application services across Fitch Group.
Our team is composed of backend Cloud Engineers and service-focused Site Reliability Engineers (SRE). We look for talented individuals who love working in cloud environments and automating wherever they can. As a senior engineering organization within the infrastructure, Cloud Engineering is well supported by Infrastructure Operations, Security, and DevOps Tools teams. CE serve as subject matter experts in both Linux and Cloud technologies across our company. Job Description:
Fitch has adopted a "cloud first" mentality and has moved many workloads to Amazon Web Services. Fitch is seeking an Associate Cloud Engineer to work as a SRE for Fitch Learning in London. They will partner with Fitch Learning Development and DevOps Tools to: move new service builds forward, containerize services, and for day to day service design and build needs. Service provisioning requirements include writing CloudFormation templates and Chef cookbooks for zero touch deployment.
The Engineer will support planning for releases and service updates. They are expected to deeply understand and support the environments they are responsible for. This role will be focused on improving CI/CD automation and service deployment in general. In addition, they join their peers in Cloud Engineering in overall environment design and support, including Level 3 on-call rotation. Position Requirements:
The candidate must possess the following skills, experiences and qualities:
- Tightly partner with Development groups to build and deploy better services
- Develop and maintain infrastructure automation tools
- Production experience with Docker at scale
- Partner with DevOps Tools to build and maintain CI/CD for service environments
- Gain deep understanding of supported services
- Implement system and service telemetry to improve reliability and availability
- Develop deep insight into application and service performance
- Execute on security best practices for cloud deployments
- Ensure system security through industry best practices
- Solid experience with AWS services such as EC2, S3, VPC, CloudFormation, Route53, ELB, Lambda, API Gateway, RDS, etc.
- Strong experience working with Linux, NGINX/Apache and PHP environments at enterprise scale
- Background supporting large scale websites with CDN Services
- Familiarity with APM and service telemetry environments
- Experience with Chef, Puppet or Ansible (Chef Preferred) or Terraform
- Ability to script using PHP, Python, Ruby and/or Java
- Understanding of containerization and experience leveraging Docker
- Solid knowledge of cloud security and best practices
- Good working knowledge of Windows platforms
- Solid background in network, storage and DNS services
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well on collaborative, cross-functional teams. Solid interpersonal skills with ability to work effectively with people of all levels of information technology expertise with a wide range of constituencies and organizational relationships
- Understanding of Project Management tools, techniques and methodologies including agile
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or relevant work experience preferred
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts for you and your Family Members prior to commencing employment. If you, or your Family Members, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, they must be sold before beginning work. In certain roles, employees and their Family Members may be limited to investments in diversified mutual funds only.
For more information about this policy, please visit the Code of Ethics and Conduct page .