Cloud Solutions Architect - Enterprise Computing On-Boarding Team - Vice President
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 18 Sep 18 2018-09-18
See job description for details
The EC Engineering team is looking for a developer who is passionate about architecting applications that work in a cloud. The ideal candidate is a hands-on developer with experience designing applications in an enterprise at scale, who is looking to work less as a developer, but more as a consultant to helping application developers use our cloud platforms.
- Presentations to our developers about our cloud products and how to use them
- Ability to analyze existing applications to understand what a cloud architecture means to the application and business unit from both a technology and developer-enablement perspective as well as the bottom line for both TCO and capital expenses of the firm as a whole.
- Ability to identify gaps in our products and drive the direction of our cloud with the engineering teams that are writing the platforms.
- Ability to rationalize requirements to determine the right compute platform for the right workload.
- Drive compression of the plant and account for the reduction of capital expenses to the firm through engagements with the onboarding team
- Understands what containers are, what they mean to application developers, and how they can be used to enable cloud architecture
- Fundamental understanding of virtualization
- Understands what a 12-factor application is and why it's important
- Presentation skills - Able to engage all sizes of audiences
- Self-starter who is able to identify and engage people in our organization proactively
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.