Commercial Finance Manager - 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Finance Manager Job, Near Uxbridge, 12 Month Fixed Contract Experience Required:
- Qualified CIMA, ACA or ACCA.
- FMCG experience is essential.
- Food and drink experience is beneficial.
The position will be reporting to the Head of Finance, and will be a key business partner to the BU, understanding performance and identifying forward looking risks and opportunities versus BU objectives. The role requires being a critical friend, whilst building strong relationships across the business unit, challenging plans and presenting commercials with clarity. The role shares in the Business Unit objectives, taking equal accountability for setting and achieving targets, with an operating budget governance over £18m. Key Accountabilities.
- To provide commercial challenge, particularly in relation to marketing investment and product innovation, ensuring optimal marketing mix and accretive innovation on a portfolio basis, underpinned by knowledge of commercial process across Brand, Customer and Supply Chain.
- Contribute to brand strategy development including promotional review by providing insightful performance analysis in consideration of internal and external indicators.
- Work with the BULT and BU teams to ensure that BU commercial performance is clear and drivers of performance are understood (including base/promotion trends, brand/customer/channel profitability).
- Develop standard decision support tools that facilitate consistent, insightful and actionable analysis.
- Develop financial analysis to educate marketing investment decisions including innovation.
- Upskill stakeholders at all times, enabling commercially aware, agile decisions
- Maintain/Develop effective relationships within the BULT, BU teams and rest of Finance.
- Deliver the Financial planning processes including forecast, budget and strategic planning, actively influencing the shape of the plan.
- To actively manage Direct Marketing investment with stakeholders, review effectiveness of spend and ensure investment is in line with overall UK&I priorities.
- Support commercial stakeholders by providing simple to use analytical or translation tools.
- The role holder acts as the key support to the Head of BU Finance in all financial decision making for the BU. This includes providing recommendations on innovation, price/promo, and marketing investment.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Powerpoint.
- Effective Influencing.
- Strong Communication.
- Highly developed interpretation skills - ability to make complex financial analysis easily understood and actionable.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative. BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.