- Competitive Salary Package
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 09 Nov 18
Can you quickly identify and evaluate problems and reach a solution? Are you an effective communicator with the ability to empathise with customers and listen carefully? Do you enjoy working under pressure and meeting tight deadlines? We are currently looking for a Complaints Adviser to support our Complaints Management function within the Compliance Department.
Can you quickly identify and evaluate problems and reach a solution?
Are you an effective communicator with the ability to empathise with customers and listen carefully?
Do you enjoy working under pressure and meeting tight deadlines?
We are currently looking for a Complaints Adviser to support our Complaints Management function within the Compliance Department. Transact is the leading independent investment wrap platform in the UK. First established in 2000 we have over 159,000 client investment portfolios (31st March 2018) and £33.1 billion of funds under direction (30th September 2018). Our service includes an online platform, owned and built by us, and dedicated regional adviser support to bring assets and investments together in a smarter, more tax efficient way.
Our Complaints Management Function is primarily responsible for the following areas:
- Ensuring that identified complaints are investigated and concluded efficiently and compliantly throughout the Group
- Compiling accurate and informative monthly Complaints Management Information, and circulating this to senior management
- Preparing and submitting Complaints Reports to the FCA in accordance with regulatory reporting deadlines
- Preparing and updating Complaints Training Modules to maintain staff awareness of the process and regulatory requirements in this work area
At Transact we always aim to provide the highest level of customer service however, we appreciate that sometimes there may be occasions when clients wish to complain. We encourage this type of feedback because it enables us to put things right and to use the information gained to improve the service that we provide in the future. Here is where the role of the Complaints Adviser comes in.
Supporting the Complaints Manager and the wider Complaints Management Function in the delivery of a compliant complaints handling process, the Complaints Adviser will be responsible for:
- Recognising and classifying complaints requiring resolution.
- Delivering fair, consistent and prompt consumer outcomes by carefully analysing and considering all the complaint related evidence, seeking additional information where required in order to reach the correct decision.
- Producing high quality correspondence between the firm and its clients, regulators and the Financial Ombudsman Service.
- Keeping clear and accurate records of all complaints received and of complaint outcomes. Ensuring that complaint files contain investigation notes and documentation to support complaint outcomes.
- Identifying trends and complaint root causes to improve service delivery, ensuring that these are reported internally to relevant business areas for decision and action.
- Developing the awareness of staff regarding complaint identification and resolution, and assisting with complaints related training when necessary.
- Keeping complaints policies, manuals and leaflets up to date, communicating changes internally.
Strong experience in a customer facing role, ideally in a financial services or a professional services organisation, is essential. A legal, compliance or financial services qualification or related degree would be desirable for this role. As the Complaints Adviser you will have a solid understanding of retail financial products including ISAs and pensions and will also have the ability to maintain good knowledge of, and provide high quality advice to, the business on applicable FCA rules.
We provide a diverse and inclusive workplace and ensure that all of our staff respect and understand individual differences. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.