Compliance Risk Mgmt Sr Officer - BCMA
- Primary Location: United Kingdom,England,London
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Compliance and Control
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19024969
Serves as a senior Capital Markets Advisory compliance risk officer for Independent Compliance Risk Management (ICRM), responsible for establishing internal strategies, policies, procedures, processes, and programs to prevent violations of law, rule, or regulation and design and deliver a risk management framework that maintains risk levels within the firm's risk appetite and protect the franchise. In addition, engages with the ICRM product and function coverage teams, in order to partner to develop and apply CRM program solutions that meet the Banking and Capital Markets Advisory businesses and customer needs in a manner consistent with the Citi program framework. Primary responsibilities include monitoring compliance risk behaviors, providing day-to-day Compliance advice relating to operations, financial requirements, and guidance on the supported function/business/product and the associated rregulatory rules/laws and interpretation on internal policies and procedures. Key activities include:
Qualifications Knowledge, skills and experience required: Required:
- Designing, developing, delivering and maintaining best-in-class Compliance, programs, policies and practices for ICRM. Translates ICRM strategy and goals across Citi's clients, products and geographies in a succinct and clear manner; provide direction and guidance on the programs, including:
o experience in provision of advice to private side capital markets businesses
o ability to interpret, understand and advise on a range of regulatory issues
o experienced and effective communicator with senior management
o experienced in leading face to face training including auditorium presentations
- Serving as a subject matter expert on Citi's Compliance programs. Provides expert guidance on Capital Markets, Leveraged Finance, Loans and other product areas within Citi's Banking and Capital Markets Advisory business on a real-time basis to manage compliance risk.
- Staying abreast of relevant changes to rules/regulations and other industry news including regulatory findings.
- Overseeing the monitoring and identification of regulatory developments, including enforcement actions, and new laws, regulations, rules, and interpretations or guidance relating to the supported function/business/product.
- Analysing and scoping the impact of new and complex regulatory developments across senior function/business/product, including cross-border impact.
- Advising ICRM and function/business/product management and personnel on regulatory and compliance issues and provide credible challenge.
- Participating in industry groups and trade association working groups or other forums.
- Leading initiatives and managing high-impact special project work streams with a results-driven focus to deliver solutions, including coordinating the implementation of new regulatory requirements.
- Managing strategy and responses to regulatory examinations, reviews and inquiries and internal and external investigations, as well as testing and audit.
- Designing and lead compliance and control reviews.
- Partnering with other ICRM teams and global functions, including Legal, Risk, Operations and Technology, and Finance to prevent and detect non-compliance issues and promote a culture of compliance.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree; experience in compliance, legal or other control-related function in the financial services firm, regulatory organization, or legal/consulting firm, or a combination thereof; experience in area of focus; strong working knowledge of function/business/product and the related operations and financial requirements.
- Expertise of Compliance laws, rules, regulations, risks and typologies, including:
o knowledge of private side businesses and, in particular, provision of advice to capital markets businesses
o interpreting, understanding and advising on a broad range of regulatory issues
- Excellent written, verbal and analytical skills
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, innovative and adaptive
- Highly motivated, strong attention to detail, team oriented, organized
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to articulate complex problems and solutions through concise and clear messaging
- Must be confident and effective presenter of training materials in face to face classroom and auditorium situations
- Ability to work collaboratively with regional and global partners in other functional units; ability to navigate a complex organization; to influence and lead people across cultures at a senior level
- Experience in managing regulatory exams and relationships with examiners, auditors, etc.
- Awareness of regulatory requirements including local and US laws, international and industry standard
- Advanced knowledge in area of focus
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience. Valuing Diversity:
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success. Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer