Conduct, Compliance & Operational Risk Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Holmes Search
- 13 Nov 18
The Conduct, Compliance & Operational Risk (CCOR) team is part of the 2LOD and through delivery of proactive support and constructive challenge to the business seeks to gain comfort that risks are appropriately controlled to enable sustainable growth for the bank. The CCOR team has responsibility for business oversight and assurance activities in relation to Conduct & Compliance, and Operational Risk; in addition to implementing the Conduct Strategy, managing the People Risk Agenda, liaison with the regulators and managing Insurable Risks for the Group.
CCOR Markets is a relatively small team of professionals within CCOR focusing upon the activity undertaken by Financial Institutions, Global Corporates and CB Markets and also includes the Markets Operations and Trade Services area that supports these areas. Colleagues working in this area can expect to gain valuable insight and experience in the regulatory framework whilst increasing their risk management skill set through exposure to work on a number of key Group priorities.
The OR Manager will primarily focus upon FI, GC and CB Markets, and will provide proactive support and constructive challenge to enable them to understand and meet their operational risk obligations.
• Establish strong relationships across FI, GC and CB Markets with both the business and CBCF
• Review and assess the continuous risk assessment activities undertaken to identify, assess, monitor and control operational risks including Risk Appetite, RCSA, KRIs, Risk Events, Scenario Analysis and Data Validation.
• Review the completeness and accuracy of risks and controls identified and provide the necessary challenge where they are not consistent with 2LOD views.
• Undertake deep dives to assess the control environment.
• Review and assess New Product Approvals (or other such initiatives) and challenge where information is inconsistent with 2LOD views.
• Collaborate with other CCOR Markets colleagues to enable a front to back view of risks and controls to be formed across businesses.
• Provide support to the wider CCOR teams with regards to new projects and work streams as required.
Experience and qualifications:
• Degree (or equivalent) educated.
• Significant financial services operational risk experience, preferably within a commercial banking environment.
• Good knowledge of cash and derivatives products covering Rates, Credit, FX, Loans and Deposits.
• Good front to back process and control knowledge.
• Good Operational Risk Framework knowledge.
• Understanding of the three lines of defence model of risk management.