Consultant/Senior Consultant, Consulting, Testing - Performance Testing, London
Deloitte provide premium testing services to a wide range of global clients, solving the most complex testing challenges on their most significant and highest profile IT change programmes. Our team has grown rapidly over recent years, and continues to do so, combining a wealth of deep industry knowledge with both business advisory experience and technical expertise.
Our proposition differs from our competitors as we are not purely delivery focused, we pride ourselves on providing a more consultative and strategic approach to testing which results in our clients experiencing a higher touch service.
As part of this role you will be responsible for helping our clients to identify and implement the most appropriate and efficient testing solutions for their needs, drawing upon our wide range of expertise and experience. You will get the chance to work with top tier clients across a range of sectors, providing high quality test advisory and delivery services. This an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly growing team that has a unique position in the test consultancy market. Your role
Consultants/Senior Consultants will have responsibility for:
• Defining test plans for large, complex or specialised client test delivery;
• Leading or supporting client test delivery, ensuring the testing meets quality, time and cost objectives;
• Providing advice on testing tools and leveraging them effectively to deliver a successful outcome;
• Working with key stakeholders at the client, building strong trusted relationships;
• Reviewing test processes and practices and coaching the team on enhancement opportunities;
• Supporting our industry and proposition Testing leads to develop & implement existing & new go-to-market propositions
• Contribute to Deloitte's thought leadership in Testing
To qualify for the role Consultants/Senior Consultants must have:
• Experience of some or all of; functional system testing, integration testing, user acceptance testing or non-functional testing including performance and automation
• A good awareness of the role that testing tools play in the software development lifecycle, the types of tools and where it is appropriate and useful to apply them
• Client-facing experience
• ISTQB Foundation Level certificate (or equivalent experience)
• Test management tool expertise (such as HP ALM)
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Proven technical ability - combined with strong business acumen
• Acute attention to detail
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced and often changeable client environment
• Strong academic record
• Demonstrable rapid career progression to-date
Additional desirable experience includes:
• A proven track record in a top tier consultancy
• Demonstrable experience writing and executing automation test scripts using open source and/or commercial test automation tools - Selenium, Visual Studio Test Professional, Cucumber, UFT (formerly QTP)
• Ability to design and implement test automation frameworks
• Experience in administering a test management tool (e.g. HP ALM) Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Location: London with occasional domestic and international travel
Suggested work pattern: Permanent full- time Your professional experience
Deloitte Testing Services help our clients plan, develop and deliver testing solutions to cutting edge digital technology platforms and bespoke solutions. Our services help clients realise engaging business and customer experiences that help drive higher revenue and an enhanced brand impact. We are at the core of many Deloitte technology programmes, supporting the full lifecycle of testing activities.
We are growing our eCommerce testing capability by using Deloitte's industry insights, extensive experience and building a core team of talented individuals in developing testing solutions for our eCommerce projects.
We are looking for test leads with experience in eCommerce to join a team focused on providing digital, eCommerce testing solutions. We work with the most popular eCommerce platforms such as SAP Hybris and Oracle ATG. You will join a team that combines a wealth of deep industry knowledge with business advisory experience and technical expertise. The team have expertise across all types of testing including functional and non-functional.
• Defining test strategies for large and complex test delivery focused on Hybris or ATG technologies
• Planning, managing and executing the testing of Hybris or ATG implementations
• Experience in testing eCommerce platforms such as Hybris and ATG
• Understanding of agile and waterfall development methodologies
• Experience in working with sprint driven solution delivery teams
• Experience with Atlassian tools such as Confluence and Jira
Additional desirable experience includes:
Per generic content, plus:
• ISTQB Certified Agile Tester qualification
• SCRUM Master qualification
• Experience within the eCommerce sector Your service line: Consulting
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients' trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business. About Deloitte Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
The UK, Ireland and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world. What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways
. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families
and to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood
special award in 2016. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
• We live our purpose:
we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
• We develop talent:
we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
• We drive performance:
we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
• We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters:
we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
• We move, together, towards a strategic direction:
we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 166390