Consultant/Senior Consultant, Consulting, Testing, London
Deloitte provide premium testing services to a wide range of global clients, solving the most complex testing challenges on their most significant and highest profile IT change programmes. Our team has grown rapidly over recent years, and continues to do so, combining a wealth of deep industry knowledge with both business advisory experience and technical expertise.
Our proposition differs from our competitors as we are not purely delivery focused, we pride ourselves on providing a more consultative and strategic approach to testing which results in our clients experiencing a higher touch service.
As part of this role you will be responsible for helping our clients to identify and implement the most appropriate and efficient testing solutions for their needs, drawing upon our wide range of expertise and experience. You will get the chance to work with top tier clients across a range of sectors, providing high quality test advisory and delivery services. This an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly growing team that has a unique position in the test consultancy market. Your role
Consultants/Senior Consultants will have responsibility for:
• Defining test plans for large, complex or specialised client test delivery;
• Leading or supporting client test delivery, ensuring the testing meets quality, time and cost objectives;
• Providing advice on testing tools and leveraging them effectively to deliver a successful outcome;
• Working with key stakeholders at the client, building strong trusted relationships;
• Reviewing test processes and practices and coaching the team on enhancement opportunities;
• Supporting our industry and proposition Testing leads to develop & implement existing & new go-to-market propositions
• Contribute to Deloitte's thought leadership in Testing
To qualify for the role Consultants/Senior Consultants must have:
• Experience of some or all of; functional system testing, integration testing, user acceptance testing or non-functional testing including performance and automation
• A good awareness of the role that testing tools play in the software development lifecycle, the types of tools and where it is appropriate and useful to apply them
• Client-facing experience
• ISTQB Foundation Level certificate (or equivalent experience)
• Test management tool expertise (such as HP ALM)
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Proven technical ability - combined with strong business acumen
• Acute attention to detail
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced and often changeable client environment
• Strong academic record
• Demonstrable rapid career progression to-date
Additional desirable experience includes:
• A proven track record in a top tier consultancy
• Demonstrable experience writing and executing automation test scripts using open source and/or commercial test automation tools - Selenium, Visual Studio Test Professional, Cucumber, UFT (formerly QTP)
• Ability to design and implement test automation frameworks
• Experience in administering a test management tool (e.g. HP ALM) Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Location: London with occasional domestic and international travel
Suggested work pattern: Permanent full- time Your professional experience
In a competitive environment, speed to market and quality are critical factors for business growth and success. In order to achieve speed and quality in application development, testing has to be built into the product from the beginning, with technical testers working alongside developers to build test tools and automation frameworks.
We continually look to explore new frameworks and design patterns that help us deliver testing solutions that provide our clients with confidence and allow us to deliver at incredible speeds. In addition to working closely with developers, our technical testers have in-depth industry knowledge and advisory skills.
We are growing our team of technical testers at Deloitte to address the demand of our unique skillsets. You will get the opportunity to work with top tier clients across a range of sectors, enabling them to release high quality products at speed.
• Developing robust test automation solutions across unit, integration and user test levels
• Working with developers to add testing hooks into the application and ensure testability of solution
• Building and maintaining testing infrastructure
• A passion for digital and new technology
• A desire to continually learn and grow as a technical tester
• Logical problem solving and innovation skills
• Minimum of 2 years software development experience in at least one of the following languages Java, Python, Ruby, C# and VB
• Hands on experience in one or more of the following test automation tools:
- Test Plant
- Test Complete
- Rational Functional Tester
• Experience of full stack development
• Experience of build and test automation and continuous integration
• Experience of leading technical teams Your service line: Consulting
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients' trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business. About Deloitte Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
The UK, Ireland and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world. What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways
. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families
and to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood
special award in 2016. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
• We live our purpose:
we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
• We develop talent:
we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
• We drive performance:
we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
• We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters:
we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
• We move, together, towards a strategic direction:
we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 166338