Consultant, Procurement Technology, Enterprise Technology & Performance, London
If you're looking for a high impact role helping major organisations achieve their goals through transforming how they do procurement, then this is the role for you.
With challenging economic conditions ahead and significant levels of disruption in technology and talent, this is an opportunity to help our clients shape and deliver how they procurement. Benefiting from working closely with our clients on some of their most complex challenges, you will be working with and learning from a range of our top practitioners from across our Consulting portfolio offerings.
Our Procurement team work with high profile clients across all major industry sectors. Clients turn to us to help them unlock the potential of their procurement function. To transform the way that they engage suppliers, innovate and make strategic purchasing decisions. To work side by side with them in applying leading practice and implementing digital procurement solutions. To optimise their sourcing, procurement and commercial capability. We deliver impact and value not only through inspiring organisations with next generation approaches but also helping them to deliver these and achieve the results.
Want to work with business leaders, and alongside some of the most creative thinkers in industry? Can you develop and deliver innovative and core technology solutions that transform the digital enterprise and maximise ROI? From strategy articulation and process design to technology enablement, we work together to simplify the complex; creating tangible value for our clients. Your role
As a Consultant in our Procurement team, you will benefit from exposure to client-facing projects early on and receive structured training to help develop your technical and consulting skills. You will broaden your skill set and develop quickly, working on complex, transformational projects across a range of clients.
Your work, your choice
- Primarily focusing on client-facing projects as part of a team providing consulting to major clients, with a specific focus on Procurement
- Playing a key role on projects working directly with clients to deliver their objectives and solve complex Procurement problems; analysing and interpreting data; preparing and presenting high quality deliverables; delivering engaging and interactive workshops; and gaining commitment from key stakeholders
- Delivering activities on time, within budget and to an exceptional standard of quality, tailored to fulfil client expectations
- Working effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
- Delivering multiple pieces of work in parallel, both client facing and internal
- Actively participating in and contributing to the success of the practice
- Proactively driving your own development through access to on the job coaching and an array of training options
- Supporting development of the Deloitte business, brand and reputation
- Work with diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
London or regions with domestic and international travel.
Permanent full-time Your professional experience
At Deloitte, your colleagues and clients will set the bar high. We require more than just a strong CV and credentials. We are looking for people who enjoy addressing complex problems in an analytical manner, with a proven record for effective delivery in a project environment, and with a keen interest in Procurement organisation, processes, capabilities and digital technologies.
- Have relevant practical experience in some of the following areas of Procurement: digital procurement, procurement transformation, strategic sourcing and cost reduction, supplier innovation and performance improvement
- Be able to build and sustain trusted internal and external relationships
- Be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with different audiences
- Be able to analyse complex datasets and distil key insights
- Have the ability to think creatively to solve client Procurement issues
- Demonstrate excellent skills in Microsoft Excel, data manipulation and visualisation, PowerPoint and report writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal and people skills, with the ability to work in diverse teams with a diverse range of people
- Experienced in effective project management
- An understanding of risk, how to mitigate risk and protect the firm's reputation
- A "can do" attitude with a real willingness to learn and participate
- Enthusiasm and passion for the delivery of market leading solutions that make a difference
- This position is likely to involve travel, including overseas, therefore flexibility with travel is important
Additional desirable experience:
Your service line: Consulting
- Prior experience of using or implementing digital procurement solutions, eProcurement / eSourcing tools (e.g. Ariba, Coupa, Oracle etc.)
- Advanced analytical capabilities and experience in supply chain modelling, visualisation and simulation tools (e.g. Tableau, QlikView)
- Sector specific experience or previous consulting experience
- Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) or similar professional qualification or equivalent
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients' trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business. About Deloitte
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people. What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways
. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families
for the eighth consecutive year, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women
for each of the last four years. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 168996