You'll be joining the Legal Department's Corporate Bank (CB) team.
Job Title: Corporate Bank Agency Securities Lending Legal Counsel
Corporate Title: Assistant Vice President/Vice President
You'll be joining the Legal Department's Corporate Bank (CB) team. The team supports the Agency Securities Lending (ASL) and Repo business, which is moving from the Investment Bank to the CB as well as Cash Management, Trade Finance, Trust and Agency Services and Securities Services. The team advises on a mixture of transactional and advisory matters working very closely with the business, other members of Legal and internal support functions. The team plays an active role in helping the business manage legal, regulatory and reputational matters and is a point of reference for Bank-policy driven issues, including legal risk management.
- Advising on securities lending and repo arrangements to be entered into on behalf of institutional clients and structured lending arrangements with borrowers like financial market infrastructure providers in a variety of jurisdictions
- Additionally providing some support for the Cash Management business within CB advising on Cash Management global products such as account opening, electronic banking and liquidity management solutions (like cash pooling) provided to global corporate and financial institutions in Europe, Asia and the Americas
- Supporting other areas of the wider CB team including Custody
- Drafting and negotiating documentation and updating Deutsche Bank templates
- Advising on current regulatory issues in relation to the ASL and Cash Management businesses
- Working closely with both Deutsche Bank Legal (in London and abroad), external counsel and in collaboration with other internal control functions such as compliance and Credit Risk Management
- Working on new products to be offered in ASL and Cash Management
- Assisting with new product approvals and the introduction of existing products into new markets by initiating and assessing legal due diligence (LDD) on a global basis and managing respective external counsel relationships
- Monitoring and implementing the LDD results and ensuring adequate end to end documentation processes for country specific legal requirements
- Co-ordinating, managing and supervising multi-jurisdictional projects
Skills & Qualifications:
- Qualified solicitor with substantial post-qualification experience
- ASL experience acquired in either in a leading law firm or financial institution in this field
- Experience in working on challenging projects with demanding internal and external customers
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with strong technical and presentation skills
- Proactive and motivated with strong commercial awareness and focus
- Able to deliver under pressure
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Please visit https://www.db.com/cr/en/our-people/diversity--management.htm to find out more about diversity and inclusion at Deutsche Bank