- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Counsel,AVPThe role will primarily involve providing legal advice and negotiating documentation relating to:
(i) the State Street Global Advisors European, Middle East and Africa (EMEA)
institutional client-facing business
(ii) the State Street Global Advisors investment and trading activities
(iii) enrolment of State Street Global Advisors pooled funds in class action claims
The role will also involve providing other ad hoc legal support, as required.
(i) Institutional Client-Facing - e.g.
- Negotiating investment management agreements and ancillary documentation e.g. SLAs, operating memos for variety of underlying client types (e.g. pension funds, UCITs and insurance companies) based in various jurisdictions
- Assisting on legal matters generally relating to institutional client-base serviced by SSGA's UK, EU-27 and Middle-Eastern offices
- Negotiating investment guidelines relating to reinvestment of cash collateral by SSGA
(ii) Investments and Trading - e.g.
- Negotiation of trading legal agreements and providing advice on the same e.g. ISDAs, GMRAs, Master Repurchase Agreements
- Reviewing netting legal opinions to determine netting effectiveness of trading agreements
- Review of trading/investments service agreements (e.g. relating to use of trading platforms)
(iii) Class-actions - e.g.
- Reviewing enrolment documentation relating to class action claims in which State Street Global Advisors pooled funds could potential enrol
- Preparing reports relating to class actions claims in which State Street Global Advisors funds are enrolled
The role will also involve providing ad hoc legal support - e.g.
- Providing assistance in relation to State Street Global Advisors UK pooled fund documentation
- Assisting State Street Global Advisors to prepare for regulatory changes that are impacting it