DCM Paralegal (Transaction Management Associate
DCM Paralegal required for Canadian Bank DCM PARALEGAL / ASSOCIATE
A highly regarded Canadian Investment Bank is seeking to hire an Associate for its Transaction Management Team, supporting their DCM business.
As part of a fast moving and dynamic business, the team has been growing steadily due to the levels of work on offer. Consequently the team wishes to hire a mid - senior Associate with a legal background to work on the following:
- managing, reviewing and/or drafting documentation associated with each transaction;
- reviewing and preparing issuer term sheets;
- investigating and resolving transaction issues;
- liaising with the Operations team to ensure a smooth settlement;
- developing an extensive network of internal contacts across groups including debt capital markets, syndicate, origination, operations, compliance, trading, sales, trading business management and external contacts including issuers, law firms, fiscal agents and TMG counterparts at other banks;
- Law degree (not necessarily fully qualified lawyer)
- Minimum of 2 years Debt Capital Markets Transaction Management experience is essential
- Knowledge of debt capital markets documentation, including Reg S/144AEMTN programmes anddrawdowns, SEC Registered Global issues and Emerging Market non-deliverable issues. Knowledge of the Maple, Kangaroo andKauri markets would also be a benefit.
- the ability to draft documents in-house where necessary (non-syndicated, vanilla issues)
- Knowledge of different issuers and entities across multiple jurisdictions, including supra-national, sovereign, agency, corporate and financial institutions
- the ability to understand the commercial business and advise on the risks to the business posed by issuer specific off-market requests and /or regulation
This is a outstanding opportunity for a paralegal from a law firm or an Associate within a bank to join a fast paced and growing business. Please apply using the link below or contacting James Franklin at Morgan McKinley.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative. BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.