Data Analytics - Technical BA
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. Job Description
Over the past decade data solutions and technology have advanced significantly. In parallel more industry data is available in the market place creating opportunities for forward looking firms that want to move to a data driven decision making culture. To make the most of these opportunities the Financial Markets (FM) business has created a FO Data Analytics function to create an ongoing data analytics capability, providing the business with insight and tools to improve our client service offering. This function is looking to recruit a Technical Business Analyst.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
The key responsibilities for the Technical business analyst include:
- Work with stakeholders across business and technology to elicit, clarify, translate and simplify data requirements.
- Work with the relevant technology teams to create analytics environments and source good quality data.
- Provide solution design support for data provision and consumption.
- Provide technical expertise on database solutions and visualization tools
- Interface with data providers, database and data visualisation vendors
- Conduct data quality evaluations (Fit for purpose, completeness)
- Ensure software solutions are in line with data management rules and controls
- Assist with PoC implementations of various data analytics projects
- Assist with business Ad-Hoc data requests
- Provide technical and analytical support
- Create test plans and assist with testing
Qualifications & Skills
Required experience, qualifications and skills:
Knowledge and experience in following will be a plus:
- Excellent verbal communication skills; facilitating working meetings, building credibility and trust with stakeholders, negotiating contentious issues with stakeholders and escalating issues as appropriate
- Critical thinking and problem solving, architecting and explaining multiple solutions, assessing relative strengths and weaknesses, and justifying solutions for approval
- Business level and information level awareness - A good understanding of the FM business, products and clients
- Understanding of modern databases technologies (ideally KDB, Oracle, Hadoop) and familiar with programming languages used for data analysis
- Understanding visualisation technologies (ideally Datawatch, Business Objects, Tableau) and familiar with programming languages used for data analysis (q Studio, SQL, Elastic Search)
- Good understanding of data available in the Marketplace as well as the standard providers i.e. Refinitiv, Bloomberg etc.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Experience with data analysis and MI reporting projects
We are looking for candidates that align to our culture and values, which are an important part of who we are and what we stand for as an organisation. To be considered as a candidate, you will be required to complete a Culture Fit Assessment - this is an online assessment of your alignment and behavioral fit to our culture. The test takes approximately 30 minutes to completes and is mandatory. After your application you will get the link to the test to your mailbox. Should you not complete this assessment, you will be considered as not meeting the requirement of the role
- Technical understanding of xml, fmpl, Jason, reference data and data models
- Familiar with agile methodologies
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .