Data Analytics Engineer
Working to make the UK a safer place
At PA Consulting Group, we help clients overcome the constantly evolving threats to national and homeland security. We have a longstanding and close partnership with the security, law enforcement and justice community to deliver critical national programmes that strengthen national security, protect the public and save lives. We do it by understanding each challenge and opportunity, working with individuals, teams and workforces to ensure capability is delivered.
Our experts generate tangible results throughout the intelligence and investigative lifecycle - from defining strategy to delivering successful outcomes. We help our clients to address complex issues such as countering terrorism, child exploitation and cyber crime.
Deliver exceptional results
As a Capability Builder, it's up to you find innovative ways to develop solutions to overcome our clients' most difficult challenges. Whether you're developing a custom streaming analytics solution that solves your client's specific needs or you're adapting your engagement style to present to the executive board - you'll ensure everything you do makes a lasting impact.
In this role, you'll use your understanding of different technologies and solutions to prototype and productionise technical capabilities. By providing technical leadership and coaching, you'll show our clients how they can exploit innovative and novel technologies to transform their organisations. You'll also:
• Perform a variety of roles make sure the client's outcome is achieved
• Combine your cross-functional skills in capability building to help clients transform and develop their IT and Engineering functions
• Take on an increasing responsibility within our National and Homeland Security Businesses. Job Requirements
You'll probably have:
• Knowledge or hands-on-experience working in roles across all phases of the capability delivery lifecycle including an ability to use different delivery methodologies, such as Waterfall and Agile
• A proven track record of delivering innovative IT and technology capabilities, including
o Hosting, e.g. cloud and on-premise virtualisation
o Various LINUX/ UNIX platforms
o Open source big data tooling and applications
o Application development in C++, Java, Python, R etc
• Experience in Data Science, Data Engineering and analytics
• An IT / Engineering qualification and/or professional registration
• Experience resolving cross-function issues that cut across business, technology and finance
• Excellent stakeholder management skills
In addition, you must:
• Have an SC / DV clearance, or be willing to undergo UK national security vetting
• Be prepared to travel within the UK and support our growing international business About PA Consulting Group
- Private medical insurance
- Transport allowance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Voluntary benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment - one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We're committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA's goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.