- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Barclays UK
- 15 Jan 19
As part of one of the experimentation squads within the HR Analytics & Insight Team, the People Data Scientist will conduct deep dive research studies on a wide range of topics ranging from improving collaboration across the organisation, predicting which employees are at risk of leaving or which candidates will make a great hire, to understanding organisational cultural drivers and modelling career progression.
As part of one of the experimentation squads within the HR Analytics & Insight Team, the People Data Scientist will conduct deep dive research studies on a wide range of topics ranging from improving collaboration across the organisation, predicting which employees are at risk of leaving or which candidates will make a great hire, to understanding organisational cultural drivers and modelling career progression. In this role, you will use a combination of computing, mathematics and statistics to understand and predict employee behaviour as well as to improve our work environment in order to help colleagues achieve their ambition, in the right way. The successful candidate will be able to translate data into meaningful findings that tell a story and recommend data driven solutions. You will be comfortable interrogating and manipulating large data sets and be able to work with often undefined problems.
- Scope and deliver HR Analytics & Insight projects from start to finish: understanding project requirements, seeking necessary data privacy approvals, developing hypotheses, undertaking statistical analysis and presenting the data story with the aid of visualisations.
- In co-ordination with the Partnering team, engage with HR stakeholders to understand key business questions and be able to translate them into analytics problems.
- Write scripts to wrangle and explore often messy structured and non-structured data sets. Blend internal data sources from various systems with external data sources and APIs.
- Build scalable machine learning models from experimentation and validation through to deployment.
- Work in a multidisciplinary global team including data architects, data engineers, business analysts, product managers, project managers, HR business partners and data governance leads to scope, plan and deliver data-driven insight
- Act as an agent of change to enable the whole HR function to evolve through the analytics journey, moving from data discovery to leveraging on predictive modelling and ultimately benefiting from the use of integrated cognitive engines. This includes providing subject-matter expertise and recommendations to shape the Artificial Intelligence thinking within HR.
- Understand and adhere to the Barclays and HRMI team governance and control policies, particularly in relation to data storage, data privacy, and delivery
- At least 2 years' experience solving business problems (in any business domain) with the use of a range of machine learning and predictive modelling techniques. These techniques will include Linear and Logistic Regression, Survival Analysis, Dimensionality Reduction and clustering, Survival Analysis, Classification models including Ensemble methods, time series analysis and text analytics.
- At least 2 years' experience using open source programming language for large scale analysis (Python or/and R)
- At least 2 years' experience with relational databases (Postgres, MySql, Teradata) and using SQL to query databases
- A strong mathematical and statistical background with a strong understanding of statistical inference, Experimental Design, sampling and simulation
- Experience or strong interest in distributive computing technologies (Hadoop / Spark) and ML in the cloud (AWS, Azure, etc).
- Experience working with Git workflows and unit test.
- Exposure in a client facing role
- Experience of using visualisation tools such as Tableau, Qlikview and Spotfire
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.