Defence and Security, Deloitte Digital, Agile Delivery Manager – Senior Consultant to Manager, London
What impact will you make? The Opportunity Want to help keep the country and its citizens safe? Want to work with those who do so on a daily basis? Want to design and shape the products they use to achieve this? Then look no further - you're home...
Role description Our team has a simple goal: to be the leading digital partner of choice for our Government clients. Deloitte Digital stands out because few organisations can excel at all the required disciplines: user research & insights, innovation, design, engineering, delivery leadership, and partnerships such as our Apple EnterpriseNext offering. We cross the divide that other suppliers to Government cannot bridge - we discover our client's unique needs with them, help their business change & adapt, innovate together with creativity, design & build-out their agile solutions, whilst coaching & mentoring leaders at all levels.
We are proud of the impact we have with our Defence, Security, and Home Affairs (DSHA) clients, the strength of our relationships, and the depth & breadth of our skills that we bring to help them achieve their mission - we are privileged to be asked to work with them at the heart of their biggest and most ambitious transformation programmes.
Deloitte Digital Agile Delivery Managers have a highly collaborative and client-facing role covering the full Delivery lifecycle. They work closely with the client and agile delivery teams to ensure the services and products provided meet the needs of the end-users and Product Owner's priorities and in the agreed timelines.
If you are an experienced Agile Delivery Manager with a passion for all things digital, willing to travel within the UK and work with our DSHA clients, and are either already security cleared or willing to be, then this opportunity is for you!
Hours Full time / permanent
Responsibilities As an Agile Delivery Manager at Senior Consultant
grade your responsibilities would be expected to include:
- Overseeing the delivery of products and services or functional components using agile methodologies
- Managing and facilitating a cross-functional agile delivery team
- Coordinating agile methodology ceremonies such sprint planning, reviews and retrospectives
- Working with the Product Managers and Product Owners to create product roadmaps
- Overseeing the creation of a backlog of prioritised and refined user stories with acceptance criteria
- Ensuring that the end products are of the highest quality, fully tested and deployed within timelines
- Coordinating activities across teams and the delivery lifecycle including Business & Systems Analysis, Creative, Content. Architecture, Development, Test, Business Change, and Project Management
- Working closely with programme leadership to monitor progress, manage risks and dependencies
- Using data insights to inform the performance of the team and opportunities for continuous improvement
- Assisting with resourcing needs of the agile delivery team for the appropriate mix of experience and capability
- Assisting with coaching and mentoring to the team and looking for continuous improvement opportunities
- Working with Deloitte Digital leadership teams to develop our methodologies and shape our market position
- The performance management of delivery team members, providing opportunity for self-development
- Encourage respect and inclusion, leading by example
- Responsibilities of successful applicants at Manager grade would also be expected to include:
- Leading the agile strategy and delivery approach for our clients, applying your experience of digital solutions and techniques to help them achieve their goals
- Working closely with senior stakeholders and business owners leading technology delivery / transformation programmes
- Leading larger teams or agile delivery integration roles within larger programmes, working closely with programme leadership to monitor workstream progress, manage risks and dependencies
- Leading on coaching and mentoring to the team and looking for continuous improvement opportunities
- The analysis and use of data insights and capacity metrics for forecasting and improvement of team delivery
- Providing coaching and mentoring to members of the client teams
- Leading on resourcing needs of the agile delivery team for the appropriate mix of experience and capability
- Leading on financial aspects of the team and delivery project, including financial management
- Leading on fulfilling any commercial and licensing responsibilities required to deliver the project
- Leading business development activity such as developing and responding to opportunities, preparing materials for client presentations and pitches, and taking part in marketing activities
- Leading on recruitment activities to keep impact to delivery team's capacity metrics
- Leading practice development activity such as involvement in Guilds, leading internal training courses and events
- To qualify for the role, you should have:
- Hands on Agile delivery experience i.e. as a Agile Delivery Manager or Scrum Master, working on digital or technology projects either at a leading consultancy, agency or Government organisation
- Experience in working on digital projects which have included cross functional teams such as Designers, Researchers, UX, Product Owners & Developers
- Scrum Master certification, or be willing to attain the certification
- Experience in coordinating ceremonies associated with Agile delivery, such as planning sessions, reviews and retrospectives
- Experience in running workshops, in particular getting to the root cause of the problem
- Displays Innovative leadership behaviours - coaching the team, self-organising, transparent, respectful to people's working styles, motivating
- A self-starter, comfortable working in both process driven and ambiguous environments
- Experience and a passion for working within Central Government and preferably the DSHA sector
- Proven capability of working successfully with senior client stakeholders and end-users, quickly building successful relationships and establishing credibility
- A passion for digital and technology, with the drive and determination to continually learn new things and develop yourself and others
- Strong written, presentation and verbal communication skills, with a high degree of attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to work independently in a highly collaborative, team-based environment
- A good graduate degree (1st or Upper Second) from a reputable university, or a track record of experience that demonstrates capability and credibility at a comparable level
- The right to live and work in the UK, be a British national (ideally not dual nationality), and have lived in the UK for 9 out of the last 10 years
- It would be desirable for you to also have an understanding of or experience in some of the following:
- Product Ownership, Software Development, Product Integration, Agile Delivery Management, Testing
- Experience in managing teams, including performance management and line management
- Experience in dealing with the commercial side of project delivery such as issuing invoices and ensuring payments are received
- The market leading packages and platforms used for Agile software development and delivery management, data analysis, and digital content management
- Designing and building digital solutions that meet the GDS Service Standard
- The political, commercial and technology challenges faced by the Central Government and DSHA sector, and how digital technologies and delivery approaches can help solve them.
- Candidates should either already hold a level of security clearance or be willing to attain it. Deloitte will assist you in this process should you not already hold it, and we will discuss this with you in more detail during your application process.
About Deloitte Digital
- Part business, part creative, part technology: one hundred percent digital. Deloitte Digital is committed to helping clients unlock the business value of emerging technologies.
- Through eleven studios spread across the globe, we provide clients with a full suite of digital services, covering digital strategy, product design, user experience, creative, engineering, and implementation across desktop, mobile, web and social media channels. We combine fun with serious intent. At Deloitte Digital, business, creativity and technology intersect.
- The team at Deloitte Digital includes creative designers, channel strategists, engineers, architects and product specialists - a powerful combination of creativity, business acumen and technical know-how.
- We believe in our people, and we understand that quality of life directly impacts quality of work. We pride ourselves on our relaxed work environment, intense commitment to quality and truly unique culture.
About Deloitte Our Purpose & Strategy To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - this defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
How will this role make an impact that matters with Deloitte? Deloitte Digital is a bold and innovative part of Deloitte. We offer everything digital from strategy, bespoke development and managed solutions. Deloitte, and therefore Deloitte Digital, is about delivering purpose - it drives trust and growth, both of which are indispensable in today's world. What better sense of purpose can you get than helping to keep the country and its citizen's safe?
What do we do? Deloitte offers Global integrated professional services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
What do we value? At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 167009