Defence and Security, Deloitte Digital, Experience Designer / Service Designer - Consultant to Manager, London & Regions
What impact will you make? The Opportunity
Want to help keep the country and its citizens safe? Want to work with those who do so on a daily basis? Want to design and shape the products they use to achieve this? Then look no further - you're home... Role description Our team has a simple goal: to be the leading digital partner of choice for our Government clients. Deloitte Digital stands out because few organisations can excel at all the required disciplines: user research & insights, innovation, design, engineering, delivery leadership, and partnerships such as our Apple EnterpriseNext offering. We cross the divide that other suppliers to Government cannot bridge - we discover our client's unique needs with them, help their business change & adapt, innovate together with creativity, design & build-out their agile solutions, whilst coaching & mentoring leaders at all levels.
We are proud of the impact we have with our Defence, Security, and Home Affairs (DSHA) clients, the strength of our relationships, and the depth & breadth of our skills that we bring to help them achieve their mission - we are privileged to be asked to work with them at the heart of their biggest and most ambitious transformation programmes.
Deloitte Digital User Experience and Service Designers have a highly collaborative and client-facing role covering the full Service Design & Delivery lifecycle. They work closely with the client and agile delivery teams to ensure the services and products provided meet the needs of the end-users and Product Owner's priorities.
If you are an experienced User Researcher, Experience Designer or Service Designer with a passion for all things digital, willing to travel within the UK and work with our DSHA clients, and are either already security cleared or willing to be, then this opportunity is for you!
Hours Full time / permanent
Responsibilities As a UX or Service Designer at Consultant grade your responsibilities would be expected to include:
- Bringing your experience and working with colleagues using Deloitte Digital methods and tools to design and deliver high quality digital solutions for frontline end-users
- Working closely with front line end-users and Product Owners to discover, research and capture their needs
- Identify the business benefits to be realised through the new services & products, and how to measure them
- Creating Service Design artefacts and outputs to be used throughout the solution's delivery
- Creating Personas and User Journeys reflecting the User Research to take into Design and Delivery
- Working with Business Analysts to create wireframes and prototypes to bring solution options to life
- Working closely with Product Owners to create the UX designs in line with their service & product backlog
- Working with those across the Agile delivery lifecycle including Delivery Management, BA, Content, Architecture, Development, Integration, Test, Business Change, Project and Release Management
- Supporting business development activity such as developing and responding to opportunities, preparing materials for client presentations and pitches, and taking part in marketing activities
- Supporting practice development activity such as involvement in Guilds, developing internal training courses and organising events.
Responsibilities of successful applicants at Senior Consultant grade would also be expected to include:
- Shaping the Service Design or UX strategy and approach for our clients, working with senior stakeholders and applying your experience digital solutions, tools and techniques to help them achieve their goals
- Coordinating activities across teams and working with those across the delivery lifecycle including Business & Systems Analysis, Creative, Content. Architecture, Development, Test, Business Change, and Project Management
- Shaping, scoping and leading teams or workstreams within larger programmes
- Working closely with programme leadership to monitor workstream progress, manage risks and dependencies
- The alignment of the SD or UX workstream with others in a wider programme
- Overseeing the alignment and contribution of SD and UX designers across multiple delivery teams
- Managing teams of 2-5 SD or UX designers and mentoring more junior team members
- Providing guidance and leadership to more junior staff across the practice and Guilds
- Leading business development activities such as developing and responding to opportunities, overseeing materials for client presentations and pitches, and taking part in marketing activities
- Leading practice development activity such as involvement in Guilds, developing internal training courses and organising events
- Working with the SD / UX leadership team to develop our methodologies and shape our position in the market
- Conducting research into UX industry trends and new topics of interest to our clients, developing thought leadership that is relevant and valuable to them.
Responsibilities of successful applicants at Manager grade would also be expected to include:
- Leading the SD / UX strategy and delivery approach for our clients, applying your experience of digital solutions and techniques to help them achieve their goals
- Working closely with senior stakeholders and business owners leading transformation programmes
- Leading teams within larger programmes, working closely with programme leadership to monitor workstream progress, manage risks and dependencies
- Managing cross-functional teams of 5-10 consultants and mentoring more junior team members
- Providing guidance and leadership to more junior staff across the practice and guilds
- Leading business development activity such as developing and responding to opportunities, preparing materials for client presentations and pitches, and taking part in marketing activities
- Leading practice development activity such as involvement in Guilds, leading internal training courses and events
- Being part of the SD / UX leadership team to shape our methodologies and our position in the market
- Overseeing research into new topics of interest to our clients and developing thought leadership that is relevant and valuable to them.
To qualify for the role you should have:
- Experience as a UX or Service designer and the end to end UX or Service design process, working on digital or technology transformation projects either at a leading consultancy, agency or Government organisation
- Experience in designing, planning and facilitating user research and user testing in order to discover, capture, and document the needs of end-users, and taking ownership of them during the delivery lifecycle
- Experience in developing UX or Service design artefacts including blueprints, personas, user journeys, wireframe designs and developing UX prototypes
- Experience in using UX design tools (i.e. Axure, Adobe XD, Sketch, Balsamiq, etc.)
- Experience in delivering UX or Service design projects across a combination of web, intranet, native mobile, tablet and responsive experiences and demonstrated knowledge of the challenges of doing so
- Experience of Agile delivery projects using Agile and UX / Service design tools and methods, working as a team-player in a collaborative, multi-disciplinary environment
- Experience and a passion for working within Central Government and preferably the DSHA sector
- Proven capability of working successfully with senior client stakeholders and end-users, quickly building successful relationships and establishing credibility
- A passion for digital and technology, with the drive and determination to continually learn new things and develop yourself
- Strong written, presentation and verbal communication skills, with a high degree of attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to work independently as well in a highly collaborative, team-based environment
- A good graduate degree (1st or Upper Second) from a reputable university, or a track record of experience that demonstrates capability and credibility at a comparable level
- The right to live and work in the UK, be a British national (ideally not dual nationality), and have lived in the UK for 9 out of the last 10 years
It would be desirable for you to also have an understanding of or experience in some of the following:
- Business or Systems Analysis, Product Ownership, Operating Model Design, Business Process Design
- Software Development, Product Integration, Agile Delivery Management, Testing
- The market leading packages and platforms used for Agile software development and delivery management, data analysis, and digital content management
- Designing and building digital solutions that meet the GDS Service Standard
- The political, commercial and technology challenges faced by the Central Government and DSHA sector, and how digital technologies and delivery approaches can help solve them.
Candidates should either already hold a level of security clearance or be willing to attain it. Deloitte will assist you in this process should you not already hold it, and we will discuss this with you in more detail during your application process.
About Deloitte Digital Part business, part creative, part technology: one hundred percent digital. Deloitte Digital is committed to helping clients unlock the business value of emerging technologies.
Through eleven studios spread across the globe, we provide clients with a full suite of digital services, covering digital strategy, product design, user experience, creative, engineering, and implementation across desktop, mobile, web and social media channels. We combine fun with serious intent. At Deloitte Digital, business, creativity and technology intersect.
The team at Deloitte Digital includes creative designers, channel strategists, engineers, architects and product specialists - a powerful combination of creativity, business acumen and technical know-how.
We believe in our people, and we understand that quality of life directly impacts quality of work. We pride ourselves on our relaxed work environment, intense commitment to quality and truly unique culture.
About Deloitte Our Purpose & Strategy To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - this defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
How will this role make an impact that matters with Deloitte? Deloitte Digital is a bold and innovative part of Deloitte. We offer everything digital from strategy, bespoke development and managed solutions. Deloitte, and therefore Deloitte Digital, is about delivering purpose - it drives trust and growth, both of which are indispensable in today's world. What better sense of purpose can you get than helping to keep the country and its citizen's safe?
What do we do? Deloitte offers Global integrated professional services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
What do we value? At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements.
© 2018 Deloitte LLP. Deloitte LLP is an equal opportunities employer.
ACTEC BADIGI CFTECH WPFULL
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2020 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 167007