Job Description Join the right team
At PA we help some of the largest and most complex organisations from across the globe to adapt and excel by adopting digital thinking and ways of working. To us, Digital Delivery is much more than a methodology; it's the key to building the right leadership, cultural and organisational structure. Our business is made up of some of the world's smartest Digital practitioners. Job Requirements What you'll do
Delivery Directors provide vision; driving the evolution of delivery practices and ensuring excellence in every aspect of our delivery to clients - from strategy to shipping. You will lead by doing, mentor with generosity and simplify the complex. You will be responsible for setting up and running projects and programmes, as part of a highly skilled cross functional team. You'll be adept at delivering complex digital projects, breaking down barriers for your team, planning at a high-level and getting into the detail to make things happen as needed.
You will develop strategic, long-term relationships with clients. You will formulate and articulate complex delivery strategies and workable, tactical plans. You will ensure our delivery solutions are robust, risk managed and commercially strong; and in some cases you will act as overall Assignment Manager for a client engagement.
You will be core to decisions that build high performing teams, where people are excited about the work they are undertaking. This means you are not set in one process or way of thinking but use exactly the right skills to solve our client challenges, though you will be a highly-experienced and proficient Agile practitioner. You will spend 80% of your time in the work and 20% of your time mentoring and supporting others, including line management. Key responsibilities, skills and experience
Leading and communicating
- Lead and formulate delivery strategy, be a delivery expert the team can draw on to determine the most appropriate approaches and methodologies
- Clearly communicate delivery direction to others and be 'in the work' yourself
- Be organised, self-motivated, ambitious, curious
- Have direct line management responsibilities; coach, mentor and train; organise and run interviews, onboarding activities, 1-2-1's, performance and development plans
- Evolve and codify our Delivery practice, deliver projects using the appropriate methodology, learning and iterating frequently, and coaching others to do so
- Set the bar/example of what great Delivery Management looks like, ensuring quality and attention to detail is embedded throughout our work.
Specialist Skills and requirements
- Be visible to your teams and our clients, and regularly undertake activities to engage and build trust with the team, the client and the stakeholders
- Confidently engage with clients and colleagues at all levels to generate commitment to goals. Build relationships with senior clients
- Clarify strategies and plans, giving clear sense of direction and purpose
- Maintain clear, calm communications in challenging circumstances and lead by example, encouraging others to do the same. Use your strong communication and coaching skills within the team to resolve issues
- Ensure feedback is flowing appropriately, is observed, analysed and actioned by the team to improve delivery practices.
- Demonstrate excellent presentation and negotiation skills, speaking and acting with authority, gravitas and presence
- Demonstrable commercial acumen, with excellent written and numerical skills. You will be highly-experienced in writing Statements of Work, project approaches and proposals, in long-form
- Expertise in estimating, scoping and delivering large scale digital projects and products, using a variety of techniquesYou may be required to go into client organisations, as part of delivery teams and set up delivery practices, governance and routines onsite for periods of time, or coach others to do so.
#LI-PK1 About PA Consulting Group Benefits package at PA:
- Private medical insurance
- Interest free season ticket loan
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Voluntary benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
At PA, we take an innovative approach to technology consulting. That's why we only hire the most innovative thinkers. With a global network of FTSE 100 and Fortune 500 clients, we offer our consultants unrivalled opportunities for growth and give them the freedom they need to excel. Whether they're interested in solving complex challenges, executing organisational change or inspiring unconstrained ideation, we offer them a place to carve out a lasting career. Employee-owned, award winning and highly ambitious, at PA we are a different kind of consultancy.
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and seek to employ people with different ideas, styles and skill sets, each able to contribute in unique ways. This diversity engenders a richer, more creative environment - one in which our people develop and clients are served better. We are committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely on the basis of their ability to contribute to PA's objectives, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status. We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.