Deloitte Digital, Ecommerce Developer, Consulting, Senior Consultant, London
What impact will you make? The Opportunity
Want to shape the future of online retail? Are you great at working in a mixed-discipline team? As a Senior Developer in our team you'll have the chance to work with some of the best developers, UX designers and strategists in the business, delivering world-class ecommerce solutions for some of the biggest and best companies in the world.
We're expanding fast, so we're looking for people who are, by which we mean natural initiative-takers who bring out the best in others, are brilliant listeners and can grow our business without compromising standards, integrity or culture.
Overall, you're an ideas person and problem solver as well as a hands-on doer - that's important. And you know it takes a mix of people to do amazing work, so you love collaborating with and learning from people with different skills, backgrounds and perspectives. If you have an interesting or unusual mix of skills yourself, even better. Role description
For us, Senior Developers are not people who are locked in a room to churn out code to match a large paper based specification. They need to work alongside our clients and their customers to combine deep technical expertise with innovative thinking and a strong understanding of what makes businesses and their customers tick. It's the combination of these skills and ways of working that help us deliver the best digital experiences. Location
Based in our airy and bustling offices in Clerkenwell, London, with its legendary coffee machine and model train track, you'll also have a chance to work with clients throughout Europe and beyond. Hours
This is a permanent role. We encourage careful consideration of agile ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is interesting as a permanent role with a degree of flexibility please do discuss with us. Responsibilities
As a Developer or Senior Developer you will be expected to:
- Build features that meet the agreed functional requirements that are also secure, performant, scalable and operationally robust
- Develop software that aligns to the quality and architectural standards agreed for the team, including the documentation and implementation of unit tests, scripts and test harnesses.
- Work with business analysts to develop high quality agile technical specifications for the components you'll be working on as part of any new build.
- Solve some of the most exciting problems for our clients working and innovating with outstanding talent across disciplines.
- Scope, estimate and plan the delivery of significant components of ecommerce solutions.
- Be a passionate champion for design and development standards.
- Support effective configuration and release management of software delivered.
- Work across the entire delivery lifecycle, including the identification and resolution of software defects during test execution phases and in production systems.
- Support and run the production platforms we deliver
- Go beyond standard duties and responsibilities to champion small details, spot opportunities and add extra value for our clients.
You are here: Deloitte Digital, Consulting Part Business. Part Creative. Part Technology. One hundred per cent digital.
- A good graduate degree (First or Upper Second), preferably in Computer Science or another scientific discipline or equivalent
- Strong Java development skills with a working understanding of frameworks and approaches such as:
- Dependency injection, e.g. Spring
- Web services, e.g. REST, SOAP
- Build tools, e.g. Maven/Gradle
- ORM, e.g. Hibernate
- Responsive UI e.g. Bootstrap
- Delivered at least one ecommerce solution, through to deployment and go-live.
- Experience of design and implementation of market leading packages:
- Commerce - SAP Hybris, Oracle Commerce (ATG), IBM Websphere or other java based platforms
- Search and merchandising - Solr, Oracle Endeca, Fredhopper or similar
- Content management - Adobe Experience Manager, Sitecore, OpenText ECM, Oracle WebCenter or similar
- Order management - SAP Hybris, IBM Sterling Order Management, Manhattan Order Lifecycle Management or similar
- Product information management - SAP Hybris, Heiler, Stibo or similar
- Digital asset management - Adobe Experience Manager (Scene7), OpenText Media Management, Oracle WebCenter or similar
- Understanding and experience of agile delivery processes.
- Proficiency in continuous integration and automated testing tools.
- Experience of interfacing with clients and managing their demands and expectations.
- Understanding of software testing processes including the creation and execution of test scripts.
- Interest in developing the organisation, building and documenting processes, and evaluating tools.
- Knowledge of good practice around usability, maintainability and accessibility.
We're a new type of creative digital consultancy that fuses strategy, tech and design to identify where businesses need to be, then get them there. Fast.
Through our studios spread across the globe, we help our clients imagine, deliver and run the future, through from customer research right through to implementation. And we love doing it.
As part of our team, you'll work side by side with strategists, designers, researchers, engineers, writers, architects and product specialists - using your unique skills and perspective to help drive transformation from operational level to the C-suite, across a complete range of digital channels.
We believe in our people, which means giving them the support they need to get the best balance of work and life. Individuality, flexibility, diversity are things we're passionate about. We wouldn't be Deloitte Digital without it.
As part of our Consulting practice, your career with Deloitte Digital can take multiple paths. We will work closely with you on a career plan that fits your skills, talents and aspirations, and provide an open environment to discuss your development and progression with Deloitte.
About Deloitte Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. How will this role make an impact that matters with Deloitte?
Forecast and change the landscape of cyberspace, support clients to survive and prosper in this disruptive and ever increasingly digital age, while you support talented and more junior colleagues and impact the communities you operate within. What do we do?
Deloitte offers Global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways .
SLCONS BACTEC BADIGI BADIGIBUILD CFTECH WPFULL BAALLI
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 167599