DESCRIPTION Are you a DevOps engineer who has hands-on experience with building, automating and operating large-scale cloud applications? Would you like to work with our customers to help them architect, develop and re-engineer applications to fully leverage the AWS Cloud? Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help customers and partners use cloud computing to do big new things faster and at lower cost? Do you want to be part of history and transform businesses through cloud computing adoption? Do you like to work on-site in a variety of business environments, leading teams through high impact projects that use the newest application technologies? Would you like a career path that enables you to progress with the rapid adoption of cloud computing?
At AWS, we are hiring the best hands-on technical architects and systems development engineers, who can help our clients and partners deploy and operate their business-critical applications taking advantage of the global scale, elasticity, automation and high-availability features of the AWS cloud. Our consultants will collaborate with partner and client teams to deliver proof-of-concept projects, conduct topical workshops, and lead implementation projects. These professional services engagements will focus on customer solutions built with CloudFormation, API Gateway, Lambda, ECS, SQS, CloudWatch, Kinesis, and others.
Responsibilities include: As Staff Consultant you will manage projects independently and also deliver as part of larger teams.
You will work with customers and partners internalizing their context while using your business and technical skills to design solutions based on requirements and constraints. You will own and complete key tasks and deliverables, and collaborate with others to define and implement optimal, complete solutions based on stakeholders needs.
You will work towards customer business outcomes, ensuring there is a strong connection between delivery activities and business objectives.
As an Amazonian leader you will embrace and apply the Amazon Leadership Principles, proactively engaging other teams to learn and share, and participating actively in the recruitment and onboarding of future team members.
Amazon aims to be the most customer centric company on earth. Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers critical applications for hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world.
This is a customer facing role. You will be required to travel to client locations and deliver professional services when needed.
• Strong experience as a technical specialist in customer-facing roles
• Ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges in an enterprise environment.
• Strong hands-on experience with mainline programming and scripting languages such as Shell, Python, Ruby, Perl, Java, .Net, or C++
• Hands-on experience with building and managing release systems, code merging and promotion, and CI/CD workflows and tools
• Experience working with and delivering using Agile practices
• Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience, in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Experience in an Architect role, Engineer role or similar
• Experience with CloudFormation, Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible in production environments
• Knowledge of IP networking, VPN's, DNS, load balancing and firewalls
• Experience with monitoring and log aggregating frameworks like CloudWatch, Datadog, Splunk, Opentracing, AWS X-Ray, and APM tools.
• Experience with revision control source code repositories (Git, SVN, Mercurial, Perforce)
• Management of continuous integration servers like Jenkins, Bamboo and TeamCity
• Experience with development and automated testing.
• Understanding of microservices and distributed application architecture.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate core DevOps concepts (CI/CD, Agile & Automation)
• Blogging or writing technical articles or contributing to an open source project for new and existing technologies or application architecture and design