DevOps, Developer Operations
Morgan McKinley is currently working with a leading Financial Services client who are actively looking for a DevOps engineer to join their team in London. This will be a permanent opportunity. Responsibilities:
- Dedicated to a development stream responsible for that teams builds/deployments and interfacing between development, support and the business.
- Ensure software is built, tested, versioned, packaged, configured, deployed and supported in the most efficient and effective way.
- Liaise with both Development and IT Operations to understand how best to deliver software.
- Automation. The objective is to automate all steps required from a developer checking in a code change through to it being used in production.
- Ensure delivered systems are of production quality. Ensure software is adequately documented for handover to the business.
Good to have:
- At least 2 year's experience of working in a DevOps role and be able to demonstrate an understanding of DevOps methodologies and proven experience of implementing them.
- Experience with Python scripting
- Experience with Continuous integration and deployment either Jenkins/Bamboo or equivalent.
- Experience with Server configuration management. Puppet preferred
- Experience with Automating deployments to Windows and Linux Servers in a production environment
- Experience working in an agile workplace, working across development and support teams.
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with Terraform/Packer
- Experience with AWS and deploying cloud services.
- Experience with packaging MSI, Nuget, NPM
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.