Director Client Development & Sales- Commercials
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
The CD&S Director - Commercials will work to increase revenues for CME Group Products from new and existing clients across the Commercial Client Segment within the EMEA region. This includes both our listed and OTC initiatives. Account portfolios may include Strategic, focus, covered or basic accounts based on skill level and experience.
The Senior Director will work with and provide cross-selling opportunities to other members of the regional team with the primary objective being to increase volume across all asset classes
• Account Management of existing accounts as well prospecting into new accounts to introduce CME products, assess opportunity, and drive growth as part of both broad outreach efforts and campaign-based selling.
• Promote CME Groups Futures and Options across all asset classes, clearing services incl. Clearport, trading technology & straight through processing and the CME Trade repositories.
• Participate in the development of and be accountable for the execution of segment and account specific sales campaigns and account plans.
• Engage and work with relevant internal departments e.g. Business Line Management, Market Regulation, Marketing, etc to maximise sales impact with clients and achieve sales and marketing objectives.
• Participate in the organisation of and attend sales and marketing events including client engagement, industry expos, conferences and industry associations where you will build lasting relationships as well as promote & educate on CME's products and services
• Utilize the CME CRM system to record and track contacts, calls and campaigns to effectively coordinate internal efforts.
• Continuously educate yourself on changes, additions and improvements of CME Group's products and services to ensure you can update your clients in a timely, relevant and effective manner
.• Stay abreast of and educate yourself on key industry news and trends that affect your clients and the industry as a whole.
Required Qualifications and Experience
• Demonstrable sales experience with European Commercial entities.
• An understanding of futures and options in the context of corporate hedging and risk management
• Experience with and knowledge of Energy (Oil & Gas), Agriculture and Metals markets.
• Possess an existing contact network in the EMEA Commercial trading community.
• In addition to English an understanding of an additional European languages, preferably German, French, Spanish, Scandinavian, Hebrew
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Education: BA or BS in Economics, Math, Finance or related field.
.• Software Requirements: Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, use of Salesforce CRM system advantageous.