EMEA Compliance Chief Operating Officer
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Wells Fargo
- 07 Nov 18
About Us Wells Fargo provides middle market, large corporate and financial institution customers with a range of international solutions, including treasury management, credit, payments, financing, foreign exchange, and trade services. Wells Fargo operates from 42 countries and territories outside of the U.S., including branches in Beijing, Cayman Islands, Dubai International Financial Center (DIFC), Hong Kong, London, Seoul.
Main function of the job
The position is a key member of the EMEA Compliance leadership team, working with the EMEA Head of Compliance in the development and delivery of the Compliance program in EMEA and in the administration of an efficient EMEA Compliance function. The Compliance COO will engage proactively with International Compliance and other regional and line of business compliance teams and will:
(Note: In addition to these functions employees are required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required)
- Work with EMEA Compliance leaders and International Compliance to develop and maintain a comprehensive strategic plan for EMEA Compliance and lead initiatives to enable its implementation.
- Represent EMEA Compliance in Group-wide projects (including Group Compliance Plan and Sales Practices initiatives), ensuring that regional requirements are communicated effectively and that project deliverables are implemented in EMEA.
- Lead development of Conduct and Reputational Risk programmes for EMEA Compliance, working with US based risk managers and International Compliance in the design and delivery of Conduct and Reputational risk programmes and metrics which are appropriately tailored to EMEA regulatory requirements.
- Lead implementation of the Risk Assessment process for EMEA Compliance, working with Compliance Leadership to produce the annual risk based Compliance Plan, including Compliance monitoring activities.
- Work with senior leaders on day to day team management activities including communications with team members, identification of staffing needs, talent management, training, recruitment etc
- Develop and maintain high quality Compliance Management Information to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the team including proactive identification, tracking and reporting on issues and actions owned by EMEA Compliance, to ensure timely execution.
- Develop and deliver high quality reporting of compliance, conduct and reputational risks into EMEA regional and legal entity committees and forums and to other stakeholders across the group.
- Close partnership with the Regional Risk COO team on key team infrastructure matters including budgeting, recruitment, space planning, technology and business continuity.
- Manage and develop team members in the Compliance COO/Risk Management team.
Market Skills and Certifications
- Extensive and proven Compliance or Risk management experience with the ability to develop, articulate and execute against strategic objectives in a rapidly changing environment and the ability to create a vision for change and influence key stakeholders
- Excellent organisational skills with experience of performing a Chief Operating Officer/Administrative Officer or similar role in a Compliance/Risk environment.
- Exceptional leadership capability; leads by example, fosters trust and is aligned with the Bank’s vision and values.
- Able to execute large, complex initiatives in a large corporate environment where management of regulatory requirements must be achieved in the context of the region, different jurisdictions, the line of business and multiple legal entities.
- Ability to manage many competing projects effectively for on-time delivery
- Proven ability to develop strong working relationships and credibility with key senior business, legal, compliance and risk officers. Excellent partnering skills with other support and line functions.
- Unquestionable ethics. High level of discretion on sensitive and confidential matters.
- Highly developed communication and influencing skills: excellent interpersonal, communication (written and oral) skills are essential with an ability to communicate effectively across all levels of staff.
- Strong influencing skills in a matrixed reporting environment with a proven ability to interact effectively and professionally at a high level with senior management.
- Must be able to work independently while providing leadership and positive collaboration within a fast paced team environment.
- Deep and proven Advisory Compliance/Conduct Risk experience with ability to develop and implement effective risk management programmes.