Engineering Manager - Payments
Do you want more Autonomy? Why is this role the next step for you?
Worldpay is on a really exciting journey re-engineering our core payments platform to be more cost effective, scalable and available on the cloud utilizing the latest cutting edge technologies. This journey will require the very best engineering talent to get us there as it's not just a technical change, it's a cultural change as well.
Our New Acquiring Platform is pioneering a payment revolution. Our state-of-the-art system equips us for the spending habits of tomorrow, as well as today. The new platform is designed around payments, not just cards - so we can cater to every emerging trend in a fraction of the time it takes now. It is an adaptable platform that allows us to deliver new products and services to our customers and achieve our strategic growth ambitions. How will you add value on a day-to-day basis?
We are looking to hire a top class Engineering Manager to help us on our journey. While the role itself is not hands on the individual needs to be from a hands on background, capable of leading by example across all functions of the team including agile process adoption, software engineering, testing, TDD/BDD, DevOps & cloud.
You'll be accountable for the technical strategy, technology stack, delivery of the roadmap (all elements of functional and non-functional delivery), engineering practice, quality, performance, operability for their team.
In addition you'll work closely with the leadership team on all elements of technical leadership, design & architecture. You'll help pioneer initiatives across our team with the chance of bringing change across with wider organisation. You'll have a servant-leadership approach and be able to get the best out of their team in order to succeed in their role. This is a huge opportunity for the right individual to step into a role where they can really flex their leadership and technical skills. What we are looking for?
- Proven track record Leading and Managing Teams through change
- Very proficient when it comes to agile practices and process.
- On the technical side we need someone who is from a hands on background and loves to keep up to date with the latest technologies.
- Ideally have good understanding of three or more of the following.
- Knowledgeable on current technology architectures and approaches such as Event Driven Design, Domain Driven Design, Event Sourcing & CQRS
- Expert distributed software engineering background in Java, Spring Boot, Oracle and Messaging (ideally Kafka)
- Knowledgeable on BDD / TDD practices and have worked with these approaches in the past
- Knowledgeable on DevOps best practices, technologies and tools (ansible, terraform) having worked with these in the past.
- Solid understanding of the latest JavaScipt fameworks such as Angular and React.
- Understanding of Messaging Middleware technologies such as Kafka
- Understanding of Event Driven and Domain Driven Design
- Understanding of Containerisation (Docker) and Orchestration.
- Ideally have delivered a product in the cloud (AWS, GCP or OpenShift)
Worldpay has merged with Vantiv Inc. to create a new global leader in payments. The new Worldpay will have the scale, the reach and the resources to take our success story to another level. This move allows us to expand further into high growth markets, deliver innovation at scale and above all, brings together exceptional talent and a shared passion that will help propel us forward to the next chapter of our collective story.
Our technology enables billions of payments to be made each year whether online or in person. Working with customers large and small we help them to take payments quickly, safely and reliably, allowing them to grow their businesses and making your life more convenient in the process.