Join us as an Enterprise Architect
What you'll do
- This is a fantastic opportunity for a driven Enterprise Architect to take on a new career challenge at NatWest Markets
- You'll be working with cutting edge technology in a vibrant team
- It's a chance to develop your existing architecture skills and advance your career
It'll be your responsibility to define the intentional architecture for the assigned scope in order to ensure that the architecture being delivered by engineers best supports the enterprise and its long term strategy.
You'll define and communicate the current, resultant and target states architecture for the assigned scope, making sure that the architecture links to, and is informed by, the overall organisational strategy and architecture, and produces the architecture outcomes.
The skills you'll need
- Collaborate with business owners, portfolio managers, product managers and release managers to define the target intentional architecture, shaping the portfolio of initiatives and building roadmaps to the target
- Help to define major components of the organisation's target architecture and roadmap, making sure that these support the strategic aims or provide an appropriate response to external change
- Lead the most significant, complex and technically challenging architectural transformations, coordinating design and platform teams across domains
- Think beyond the current view, using knowledge of financial services, other organisations and technology trends and raise opportunities and threats to encourage discussion and thinking for the future view of the architecture
- Cover all of the architecture disciplines of business, applications, data and infrastructure
- Gain agreement and buy-in with key stakeholders, including relevant business owners and product managers
You'll need expert knowledge of application architecture, and in business, data or infrastructure architecture with working knowledge in the remaining disciplines. You should have a background in defining business and application architectures and roadmaps for complex enterprises.
You'll also need an understanding of industry architecture frameworks, such as TOGAF and ArchiMate as well as experience of working with business solution vendors, technology vendors and products within the market.
Experience of enterprise architecture tooling would be advantageous, but not essential.
You'll also need:
- A working knowledge of public cloud and its impact on application architecture and design
- Experience of architecture governance processes
- Experience of working in at least two areas of investment banking
- A background in systems development change lifecycles, best practices and approaches
- Experience of developing, syndicating and communicating architectures, designs and proposals for action
- A good understanding of Agile with experience of working in an Agile team
- Knowledge of hardware, software, application and systems engineering
- Excellent communication skills with the ability clearly communicate complex technical concepts to colleagues, up to senior leadership level