Entity Risk and Control Officer
Overview Of BNY Mellon:
BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 35 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team.
The role will report to the London Branch Senior Principal and is instrumental in supporting the Senior Principal in overseeing and forming a holistic view of London Branch's activities and ensuring that it is properly controlled and governed. The incumbent will lead the development, implementation and monitoring of relevant metrics to provide a transparent view of the risk and control environment, support the London Branch Management Committee in making informed decisions and discharging its responsibilities. The incumbent will play a key role in improving the resilience of the London Branch by actively joining in and leading relevant resilience initiatives.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Serve as Governance, Risk, Control and MI Subject Matter Expert for the London Branch
• Develop comprehensive management information that supports the London Branch governance, risk and control environment;
• Enhance London Branch operational resilience capabilities by developing and tracking relevant operational resilience metrics, providing transparency on the state of resilience and required areas of enhancement;
• Provide 1st Line coordination of Operational Continuity in Resolution (OCIR) compliance assurance;
• Support London Branch assessments, including High Level Assessment, AML/Sanctions assessment, identification and assessment of Conflicts of Interest impacting the London Branch, and others as required;
• Evaluate London Branch's risk profile; proactively identify control deficiencies through risk and control initiatives and BAU meetings/discussions. Monitor progress of corrective action plans;
• Partner with 2nd Line Risk and Compliance and Internal Audit to establish and maintain a comprehensive risk-control environment within the London Branch;
• Coordinate the completion of outstanding Internal Audit and Compliance Monitoring points for the London Branch; and support EMEA regional management response to and tracking of complex audit and compliance monitoring findings across Lines of Business and the London Branch (and other legal entities).
• Support the production of management reports for the London Branch Management Committee;
• Provide support to regional governance committees, including the EMEA Resilience and Resolvability Steering Committee and other control committees as required;
• Participate in cross-entity initiatives, including resilience control remediation and other initiatives, as required. Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree and previous experience within financial services
• Robust risk and control, governance, and/or compliance experience gained in the 1st or 2nd Line of Defence roles
• Good understanding of operational risk tools, control frameworks and taxonomy
• Solid understanding of an entity's risk and control environment
• Experience with metrics and data analysis
• Delivery focused, with proven track record of delivering on expectations
• Ability to manage multiple concurrent assignments of varying scope and complexity in a cross-functional environment.
• Demonstrated ability to work, collaborate and lead effectively on a geographically dispersed team.
• Confident, self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills and attention to detail.
• Takes initiative, accepts challenges, grows business acumen, and establishes/sustains internal/external networks and relationships in a complex organisational environment
• Acts with integrity and holding oneself accountable for their remit
What we can offer you:
• Challenging, fun and supportive environment
• 25 days holiday (in addition to Bank Holidays) plus opportunity to purchase up to 5 extra days
• Highly competitive benefits package including pension and private medical cover BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Primary Location:
United Kingdom-Greater London-London Job:
General Mgmt / Admin Internal Jobcode:
EMEA IS REG Change Area Mgmt-HR16447 Requisition Number: