European Payroll Specialist - Paddington - £300/day
Paroll, France, Europe, French Payroll
My client, a leading global payments company are looking to recruit a European Payroll Specialist on a six month rolling contract with the option to move into a permanent role moving forward.
What we expect of you, day to day.
* Owning the end to end payroll process for two France payrolls along with several other European entities (monthly paid). Responsible for collating and transmitting payroll input, reviewing output and providing primary approvals working with the outsourced payroll vendor.
* To ensure that Net Pay is accurately paid to all employees on a monthly basis.
* To make sure that all payments and statutory reporting to Tax / Social Security authorities, Pensions etc are reconciled and paid in an accurate and timely manner.
* Liaising with counterparts such as Finance - to resolve accounting issues, Reward Team - to roll out new benefit programs, Internal Tax Team & the Global Payroll Manager - to remain aligned with internal best practices.
* To answer all employee queries within agreed SLA's.
* To assist with any internal / external payroll audit tasks.
* To support the wider Payroll team to cover for vacations and other absences.
* To work with internal stakeholders, such as the local HR team in Paris, Onboarding, HR IT & HR Ops to streamline processes & improve efficiency.
* To liaise with tax authorities, pension and benefit providers plus other third parties as required.
* Involvement in ad hoc projects as required.
What we're after...
* Proven ability to meet multiple deadlines - with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
* French speaker / writer
* Knowledge of France payroll legislation.
* Knowledge of how employee Time & Absence affects the monthly pay cycle.
* Excellent time management and organizational skills.
* High level of customer focus.
* Pro-active nature to solve issues and suggest process improvements that could also benefit the wider team.
* Good understanding of payroll processes and procedures, along with experience of producing and maintaining SOP documentation.
* Mid level experience of processing European payrolls including France.
* Good communication skills.
* Experience of working with an outsourced payroll vendor.
* Intermediate Excel skills (Vlookup, Pivot tables).
* Experience of working on payroll related projects such as new payroll set up, transitioning to a new vendor etc.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative. BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.