Executive (Junior Manager) - Operational Transaction Services (IT) - TAS - London
Are you ready to take control and deliver impact? Then join EY to gain experiences that will last a lifetime.
#LI-P We're looking for Executives (Junior Managers) to join our team because we are experiencing tremendous growth in our OTS Team.
Our team is a dedicated group of over 100 professionals in this specialist service offering. Each draws on their financial, operational and technical skills to support both private equity and corporate clients, spanning a wide range of industries. We're focused on our clients' key strategic activities, advising and influencing at senior leadership level. We're keen to maintain our leading position in the field. As a result, we're continually seeking new markets, new perspectives and better ways to deliver value. Key areas of work: • Pre-deal: Operational & IT Due Diligence, Carve-out Planning, Synergy Review and Assessment • Post-deal: Integration Planning, Day 1 Readiness Services, Benefits and Synergy Tracking • Restructuring: Support for Distressed Carve Outs, Rapid Cost Reduction and Operational & IT Restructuring. Role Responsibilities
In your role as an Executive you will have responsibility for;
- Leading and/or contributing to pre deal, post deal and separation engagements with clients across all sectors including private equity across the UK and EU.
- Assisting in aspects of business origination, including pitches and presentations, and working in project teams comprising other colleagues from Transaction Advisory Services, such as operational and financial due diligence.
- Working on client engagement teams executing Operational Transaction Services which support key decision makers in developing and executing strategies for transactions
- Assess the client's state of readiness with respect to people, resources, planning, data collection and strategy, while identifying high-risk areas, unidentified issues and areas for overall improvement
- Contribute to people initiatives; recruiting, retaining and training current and future staff.
You will have knowledge and experience of the following:
About EY and our Vision
- Experience of transactions, ideally in performing of IT Due Diligence and/or IT post merger integration, separation/carve-out assignments
- Broad knowledge and deep understanding of one or more core aspects of a typical IT function, including Enterprise Architecture, IT Strategy and Governance, Systems Integration and Application Development, IT Service Delivery, IT infrastructure, IT financials and dynamics of an IT function
- Programme and project management expertise with demonstrable experience in managing and being responsible for the delivery of successful programmes and knowledge of Structured methodologies and a familiarity with industry standards such as ITIL for Infrastructure, Systems Development Life Cycle methods and COBIT for IT governance & the a bility to provide insights based on experience on IT aspects of transaction deals that are relevant and valued by clients and readers of the IT Due Diligence reports
- Flexible with working locations, the ability to learn quickly and leverage skills in new situations
- Business administration or accounting knowledge (example MBA or CA or CIMA)
EY is a global professional services organisation providing advisory, assurance, tax and transaction services. We are committed to doing our part in building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. And we are united by our shared values and a dedication to delivering exceptional client service
We have ambitious goals for 2020. Globally, we want to be #1 or #2 in professional services and be the best brand. To achieve this, our teams need to perform at the highest level, and have a relentless focus on delivering the excellent client service that will help us to continue to grow and become the market leader. In this context, your career will develop and grow.
We make sure our people succeed. The networks you build and the experiences you have with us will help define and accelerate the rest of your career. Last year in the UK, nearly 2,000 of our people were promoted or progressed within their grade, and we are significantly increasing the number of partners in the UK. So when you build something better at EY, we make sure you're rewarded.
Want to get to know us better?
Connect with us on Linked In: http://bit.ly/EYLinked_Careers
Watch us on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/ernstandyoungglobal Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.