External Communications - Senior Executive - UK&I - BMC - Permanent - London / Manchester / Birmingham / Leeds / Edinburgh
This is a rare opportunity for a dynamic, self-motivated media relations professional to join a well-respected inhouse communications team, at one of the world's largest international accounting firms.
Based in London and reporting directly to the Head of PR and External Affairs, you will work closely with and be an integral part of the 15 strong Media Relations and Digital function for UK and Ireland. The Opportunity:
You will act as an external communications adviser to media spokespeople across a portfolio of EY's Service Lines and sector areas.
A dynamic and assertive self-starter, you will have the intellectual rigour and creative flair to work with complex and sometimes technical subject matter and turn these into compelling communications for both national, regional and trade media. Some existing relationships with business journalists is preferable.
You will be part of an extended brand, marketing and communications team based in London and other regional locations. Your Key responsibilities:
Either from an in-house or agency background, ideally with some experience of working with corporate, financial or professional services organisations, the successful candidate will work with designated EY media spokespeople on developing and executing effective media relations programmes which engage the media and other major stakeholders.
Working closely with internal stakeholders and building relationships with journalists, you will have responsibility for developing and delivering media relations plans for designated industry sectors as well as supporting others in the team in delivering the overall media relations strategy for EY and its service lines. Skills and Attributes for Success:
To qualify for the role you must have:
- A self-starter with a 'can-do' attitude and the drive and enthusiasm to get the job done
- Experience of working with some senior spokespeople and internal stakeholders
- Networking experience / skills in a wide range of situations and with some senior people within an organisation
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines and to manage several projects concurrently; excellent time management / organisational skills, initiative, coupled with accuracy and attention to detail
- A strong team player and lateral thinker, comfortable working collaboratively, virtually and independently
Ideally, you'll also have:
- Experience of executing media relations initiatives and campaigns that support business objectives and produce measurable media success
- An understanding of, and keen interest in, print and broadcast media relations
- An eye for a story and the ability to develop that idea into tangible results
- Some journalist contacts in business media - national or trade
- Strong writing skills are fundamental
- IT literacy: a sound command of the Windows Office programs
What working at EY offers:
- Experience of working in a complex, matrix environment
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.