Brickendon Consulting have been engaged to develop and add functionality an existing Foreign Exchange platform for new and existing workflows to help Sales meet the regulatory requirements for transactions, whilst also making the activities more efficient and effective. Outside of IR35.
About Brickendon Consulting
Brickendon is a rapidly growing innovative management & technology consultancy providing solutions to Global Banks and Asset Managers based in London, New York and Krakow.
- Capture system level requirements
- Manage front office stakeholders and business users
- Integrate platform with Regulatory Engine for regulatory compliance and workflows.
- Integrate Request for quote (RFQ) pricing flows with appropriate pricing engines.
- Demonstrate the understanding of Agile software development lifecycle
- Maintain code quality through best practices, unit testing and code quality automation
- Develop code for a major eFX platform utilising Java, Kotlin and Angular 8.
- Make technical decisions and influence the overall technical design.
- Develop deployment systems for Java based systems
- Collaborate with product owners on user story generation and refinement
- Communicate the progress and benefit of the activity to the client and reporting managers as appropriate.
- Monitor and support the operation of production systems
- Minimise discrepancies utilising paired programming, TDD/ BDD and continuous integration.
- Participate in knowledge sharing activities with colleagues
The Principal FX Java Developer will have the following experience;
- 8+ years' solid programming experience with Java
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Technical/Scientific discipline or equivalent qualification
- MUST HAVE strong FX/eFX domain knowledge (FX Spots, Forwards, Swaps and NDFs)
- eFX Pricing
- Knowledge of the entire development process from design and architecture to implementation and deployment.
- A consistent record of successful software delivery projects implementing server-based java applications, with experience of applying agile processes across the full development lifecycle.
- Competent in both JVM and Web technologies
- You will ideally possess experience building services and applications with Kotlin
- You will ideally have experience working on banking projects.
- Any FX / Foreign Exchange domain knowledge of expertise highly desirable.
- Angular 8
- Kafka and/or Solace
- CI/CD: Docker, Docker Swarm, Bamboo