See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB WHO WE ARE
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centres around the world.
BUSINESS UNIT OVERVIEW
As contact with virtually every part of the firm is essential to Controllers, professionals in the department experience Goldman Sachs businesses, products and sophisticated technology systems in depth.
The London IMD Fund Controllers team is responsible for the oversight of the accounting for the Consumer & Investment Management Division's offshore funds. The Fund Accounting function is outsourced to several Fund Administrators, in two European countries, utilizing three different GAAPs. The team responsibilities include Net Asset Value (NAV) review and approval of daily pricing funds, expense budgeting, financial statement reporting, audit management, regulatory reporting, as well as key involvement in the launch and closure of funds and the new product approval process. The team interacts closely with all internal teams connected with the Consumer & Investment Management Division, as well as with the external vendors, principally the Administrators and Auditors.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversight and review of Fund Administrators, including review of NAVs, service levels and other projects
- Development/enhancement of systems and applications
- Management of fund / share class launches and closures, as well as other initiatives
- Fund budgeting (for non-asset based fees) and expense oversight and reconciliation
- Review of Fund regulatory reports, including Financial Statements
- Preparing analytical reports for Management, Fund Boards and other stakeholders
- Coordination with Fund Administrators for reporting cycles and other initiatives SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Qualified Accountant
- Asset Management industry experience with an understanding of fund strategies and structures an advantage
- Audit background an advantage
- Proven history of process improvement
- Proven history of working to and achieving strict deadlines
- Proven time management skills and the proven ability to manage multiple deliverables with global internal and external teams
- Motivated, a desire to get involved, learn and add value
- Technical Skills - Demonstrates strong technical skills required for the role, pays attention to detail, takes initiative to broaden his/her knowledge and demonstrates appropriate financial/analytical skills
- Functional Expertise - Keeps up-to-date with emerging business, economic, and market trends
- Drive and Motivation - Successfully handles multiple tasks, takes initiative to improve his/her own performance, works intensely towards extremely challenging goals and persists in the face of obstacles or setbacks
- Client and Business Focus - Effectively handles difficult requests, builds trusting, long-term relationships with clients, helps the client to identify/define needs and manages client/business expectations
- Teamwork - Gives evidence of being a strong team player, collaborates with others within and across teams, encourages other team members to participate and contribute and acknowledges others' contributions
- Communication Skills - Communicates what is relevant and important in a clear and concise manner and shares information/new ideas with others
- Judgement and Problem solving - Thinks ahead, anticipates questions, plans for contingencies, finds alternative solutions and identifies clear objectives. Sees the big picture and effectively analyses complex issues
- Creativity/Innovation - Looks for new ways to improve current processes and develop creative solutions that are grounded in reality and have practical value
- Influencing Outcomes - Presents sound, persuasive rationale for ideas or opinions. Takes a position on issues and influences others' opinions and presents persuasive recommendations
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.