We are looking for an experienced Financial Analyst.
- Collect complex financial information from HSBC's subsidiaries, branches and associates and prepare consolidated financial statements for reporting to the Group CAO, FinOps ManCo and externally.
- Provide assurance to senior management and the Group CAO over external disclosure by analytically reviewing consolidated financial information and writing commentary that fully explains the financial performance and position of the group.
- Ensure financial reporting complies with applicable financial reporting standards, SEC rules and local laws.
- Drive group financial reporting processes, identify improvements and deliver efficiency gains.
- Ensure financial reporting processes adhere to established SOX controls; identify control weaknesses and path to remediation.
- Preparation of primary statements, notes and other disclosures for quarterly earnings releases, interim report and the Annual Report and Accounts
- Preparation or review of ad hoc information, reports, and presentation
- Implement and monitor monthly and quarterly financial reporting processes to ensure timely dissemination and collection of financial information
- Implementation of new reporting requirements and controls to the reporting process
- Qualified Accountant
- Recognised professional accountancy qualification is essential
- Financial reporting and consolidation experience is beneficial
- Experience with consolidation tools, particularly Hyperion (Saracen), is beneficial
- Ability to communicate complex financial issues confidently to line management
- An awareness of developments in accounting and regulatory environment
- Strong spreadsheet skills
- Ability to analyse unstructured problems and queries and propose pragmatic solutions
- Self-starter/motivated - ability to work with minimum supervision with attention to detail
- Work to strict deadlines, under pressure and be a team player