Financial Cashier 13 per hour London, Embankment 7 month contract The Cashiers team within Financial Operations is part of the wider OneFinance - Financial Control unit and performs the critical task of uploading the UK firm’s billed income from external and internal clients into our SAP
13 per hour
7 month contract
The Cashiers team within Financial Operations is part of the wider OneFinance - Financial Control unit and performs the critical task of uploading the UK firm’s billed income from external and internal clients into our SAP Accounting System, so that the processing of fee income receipts can be carried out by the Receivables Team.
This team manages all the firm’s incoming receipts and also outgoing payments from the firm’s 40 approx. bank accounts within a highly controlled environment. The team is responsible for reconciling the said bank accounts. The senior cashiers administer the Bankline and BACS payment systems.
Reporting directly to the Cashiers Senior Associate, the Associate will be responsible for making payments which fall outside of Accounts Payable and staff Expenses, ensuring they are processed accurately and within defined controls. They will assist with monitoring the firm’s bank accounts and processing of all related journals.
The Associate will work in the core Cashiers team which consists of 4 people which is based at our Embankment Place office.
The cashier’s team reconcile circa 40 bank accounts in various currencies on a monthly basis. Make all payments which fall outside of accounts payable and staff expenses.
All work is undertaken within clear guidelines and controls (involving routine and non-routine transactions).
Key skills / Experience required:
- Previous experience in a cashiering or cash management role
- Knowledge of accounting and reconciliation principles
- Knowledge of banking systems, i.e. BACs and Bankline
- Excel and other MS office applications
- Numerate with the ability to prioritise
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal & written
- Experience of interaction with internal and external clients
- An understanding of both domestic and international banking
- Tenacious approach to the identification of unallocated receipts
- Methodical with attention to detail
- Monitoring the firm’s bank accounts in various currencies, and processing associated journals relating to payments and receipts. Uploading accounts daily from RBS Bankline into SAP.
- Carrying out monthly reconciliations of all accounts within deadlines, ensuring supporting documentation is included for outstanding cashbook entries.
- Preparation and payment of all payment requests using the most cost-effective payment method, multi-currency, using NatWest Bankline and Bacstel IP. Verify initial payment requests for correct authorisation and escalation where necessary.
- Resolution of unallocated cash on Services accounts by liaising with appropriate contacts
- Regular contact with UK Treasury to ensure overdraft limit is maintained for all accounts, processing internal transfers and input of all journals relating to deals, deposits and foreign exchange transactions
- Resolution of business / client queries and associated transactional processing
- Meeting service level agreements for payments, bank accounts and cash allocations - including reporting of KPIs.
- Scanning fee income cheques and importing them into the Alloc8 system for allocation by the Receivables team. Allocating non-fee income and commission cheques. Banking all cheques.
- Allocation of commission to client codes on instruction from the Tax team.
- Create and maintain procedure documentation.
What you will get in return:
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity for flexible working
- a chance to work with one of the biggest companies in the world
How to apply:
To be considered please send an updated version of your CV to email@example.com. alternatively click "apply" to register your details and submit your application