Financial Modelling - Executive - London (Financial Services)
FS Business Modelling - Executive - TAS; London
Are you good at seeing the big picture? Then join EY to gain experiences that will last a lifetime.
We're looking for an Executive to join our team because we are currently experiencing tremendous growth in TAS. The opportunity
EY's Financial Services Business Modelling team, has grown significantly in recent years. To support our ambitious plans for the future, we are now looking to strengthen our team at Executive level. Your key responsibilities
Working in Business Modelling, you will get the opportunity to work with major corporate and private equity clients, investment banks, funds and government departments providing them with financial modelling support and advice on a wide variety of transaction and advisory assignments, including:
- Mergers, acquisitions and divestitures - buy-side and sell-side
- Financial restructuring
- Planning, budgeting and forecasting
- Decision support
- Resource modelling and optimisation
- Regulatory submissions
- Any major or complex transaction or decision will require a financial model which has been designed and developed to meet specific requirements. We work closely with our clients to build and review sophisticated financial models to execution a range of transactions and support planning. Success in this environment requires a passion for financial modelling along with exceptional client handling and communication skills.
- Underpinning everything is our focus on developing a talented team through investment in technical and commercial training and knowledge transfer. Our team offers the opportunity to take on client-management responsibilities and excellent career progression to strong performers.
- Although our team is London-based, we operate as international team and many of our engagements involve multi-national clients. This role will therefore most likely require some travel within the UK and could require overseas working from time to time.
- Design, build and test integrated financial models incorporating operational, tax, accounting and financing aspects
- Interface with multiple stakeholders across different functions to identify underlying business drivers and appreciate context of the transaction and the client's business issues
- Apply logical thinking and creative problem solving skills to support resolution of issues
- Develop a strong understanding of Excel and how it can be applied to corporate finance
- Review financial models under supervision and arrive at preliminary conclusions
- Communicate effectively with the engagement manager, the client, and the wider team in a concerted effort towards delivering work products of the highest standard
- Assist senior team members in developing new business
Skills and attributes for success
- Actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships
- Work both independently and as part of a team taking responsibility for client handling where required
- Help create a positive learning culture and coach and counsel junior team members and contribute to their professional development
To qualify for the role you must have
- We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, numerate, logical thinkers, with a passion for financial modelling
- Experience of financial services businesses and an understanding of the key issues facing our clients in this industry
- Strong commercial awareness and an ability to identify the factors that drive financial performance
- Strong interpersonal skills and relationship building ability
- Attention to detail, coupled with the ability to step back and see the bigger picture are also important characteristics
Ideally, you'll also have
- We are interested in meeting candidates from diverse backgrounds, including, but not limited to:
- Audit professionals keen to work in a transaction environment
- Experience in transaction teams / M&A / corporate development with financial modelling skills
- Financial modelling experience in other finance roles
- Typically, a recognised accounting or finance qualification and/or an MBA
- SQL experience; please mention this on your CV
What we look for
As part of the initial application, can you please submit a brief cover letter along with your CV setting out why you think you would be suited to a role in Business Modelling. The cover letter should summarise your motivation for this role, together with why you think your skills and experience will ensure a good fit with the team. Please highlight any previous modelling experience inside or outside work.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Join us in building a better working world. Apply now. Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.