Fixed Income Business Manager, Associate/Vice President
- Not Specified
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 23 Apr 19
About BlackRock BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2018, the firm
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $5.98 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Business Unit Overview
The Global Fixed Income group at BlackRock manages more than $1.4 trillion in fixed income assets across index, active, and liability driven strategies. The platform offers fixed income investors one of the industry's broadest array of investment choices across index, model-based and fundamental investment styles.
GFI COO is seeking a new member to join its team, reporting to the EMEA GFI Chief Operating Officer.
The Business Management (COO) team in EMEA supports the overall management of the GFI department, including strategic planning, budgeting, reviewing & improving business processes, supporting new products / instruments, liaising with technology & operations departments, and providing key reporting to senior leadership.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a desire to develop a deep understanding of BlackRock’s technology platform and its application to financial markets and GFI’s business activities. By deploying strong project management skills and an ability to conduct business process reviews, the successful candidate will design creative solutions, drive them through to implementation while ensuring broad communication in the context of GFI’s overall business strategy.
- Work closely with senior management on key projects, strategic initiatives and new product launches
- Deliver project management and business analysis for GFI’s strategic initiatives and platform projects (including those relating to portfolio management, trade and post trade operations, investment process analysis and business process analyses)
- Perform and document business process reviews
- Ensure clear project structure and communication appropriate to the scale and complexity of the project; this includes proactive identification and escalation of any issues and risks related to the project and provision of regular management information
Technology Platform Support
- Provide BAU support for GFI’s technology platform by proposing practical technical solutions to core application issues, especially regarding portfolio management activities
- Implement new or update applications and business processes, including organizing team training
Relationship and Stakeholder Management
- Develop close links with other BlackRock business groups
- Interface with key technology and operating business partners to drive GFI’s business strategy and improve connectivity across functions
- Operational risk: drive discussions around operating events and process improvements to help mitigate operational risk
- Policy and procedures: promote and provide necessary training on firm, business and regulatory policies and procedures
- Presentations and meetings: help management in organizing and preparing presentations
- Financials: support the management of budget and headcount
- Ad hoc requests: assist team with data requests, trainings, demos and business continuity efforts
Skills and Qualifications
- 3+ years’ experience in the financial industry or relevant business management experience
- Understanding of capital markets and financial instruments including derivatives
- Project management experience
- Experience in business process review, design and implementation
- Experience delivering practical solutions to technology challenges
- Experience navigating and influencing stakeholders
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Effective communicator possessing excellent verbal, written, visual/presentation and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with developer tools and/or languages advantageous
- Completer finisher skills
- Ability to understand, frame and communicate complex issues simply
- Excellent attention to detail
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.