Fixed Income Data Trainee
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like "hard work" and "dedication" together with "community" and "respect" has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different. Mission Description of the Business Line or Department
The Global Banking & Investor Solutions Division, which serves institutional clients, large corporate and private banking clients, has placed digital and innovation at the core of its strategic plan.
The Fixed Income Data and eProduct team is responsible for requirements around data and sales and distribution of electronic Fixed Income products. As electronic trading becomes the predominant execution method of execution, the team plays an increasingly important role in servicing our diverse client base. The team has strong links with the FIC Trading and Sales Teams as well as COO, IT and Digital Office.
The team is looking for a Data trainee who will support our data developments and monitoring. The ideal candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to improve business data outcomes and monitoring requirements. Summary of the key purposes of the role
The trainee role is to develop reports, tools and data applications to monitor this activity. This will involve:
Summary of responsibilities
- Data Management
- Data Analysis
- Follow up/development of data reporting topics
- Work with all stakeholders to deliver added value analysis to sales and traders
- Mine and analyze data to drive optimization and improvement of product development and business strategies.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
- Improve and manage the alerting system in order to notify the right people with actionable data.
- Monitor our client's activity by developing reports and tools to analyze client flow.
- Can work under limited supervisiom
- Be able to develop new ideas for the team.
- Ability to work directly with data reporting teams at vendors under supervision of product manager and or eSales
- Strong analytical abilities
- Understanding of client and business needs
- Capacity to understand data, data trends and how best to analyse data
- Ability to work in a team
- Communication skills
- Comfortable with working on more technical/IT aspects with a view to improving data quality
- Proactive in looking at data/reports and how to improve data quality
- Understanding of marketing messages and how to track these from follow up perspective
- Diligent in follow and ability to work on a longer term project as well as day to day tasks
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment.