A unique opportunity to join a Private Debt Manager who are embarking on a period of growth and seeking to add an experienced and dynamic fund finance professional to their team.
Our client is a leading specialist private debt manager based in Mayfair with c$800m of investor commitments over a number of closed end funds and separately managed accounts. The Firm has recently raised and launched its latest Fund.
The client is looking to recruit a Fund Finance Associate to join the Finance team. The role is varied and responsibilities will include elements of fund accounting and reporting, foreign exchange and liquidity management, regulatory reporting and service provider management. The role will also encompass tasks relating to the management company.
The firm outsources its accounting function to external administrators so this is a broad-based role with responsibilities across departments and will vary as the business continues to grow. The role will report to the firm’s CFO.
Fund Finance & Operations
- Preparing monthly internal NAVs and the review of externally produced quarterly NAVs
- Cash flow forecasting, liquidity and treasury management
- Maintenance of fund models and calculations of fund performance metrics
- Issuing capital calls; follow up with investors and fund administrators
- Liaising with external fund administrators, bankers, tax advisers and other services providers as required
- Assisting investor relation queries from existing and prospective investors
- Assisting with the year-end audit process
- Instructing trade bookings
- Instructing / approving fund payments
- Monitoring FX hedges and collateral management
- Managing Debt facilities for future funds
- Coordinating monthly management accounts preparation
- Overview of annual financial statement audit process
- Assistance in the preparation of regulatory filings
- Overseeing Payables and receivables
- Graduate with a minimum 2(i) degree/ Strong academics
- Qualified accountant
- Close ended fund structure experience gained from a fund manager essential
- Strong demonstrated self-motivation and high level of initiative
- Ability to handle multiple demands and priorities and follow through on all of them
- Strong team player
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Control focused